300 L First ride...

Another item can be checked off. Exhaust system made and installed. I need to find two original style hanger clamps for the tail pipes. The hangers are in good shape, but the flat band type clamps are thin. Now it's time to start the cleaning
IMG_6687.JPG
IMG_6686.JPG

Those pipes look great. The guy that did mine said he knew what he was doing, but yours look better than mine.

They always say they know what they are doing. :). They do look great. I saved the picture so when I do mine I can say do it just like this.

I'm that way with the term "post." It's a B Pillar!!! Or, a Sedan.

I'm good with the term post. What's wrong with that? First I've heard of an issue with that term. I've used 2 door coupe and 2 door post kind of interchangeably about B bodies forever.

They always say they know what they are doing. :). They do look great. I saved the picture so when I do mine I can say do it just like this.
I think they look great and she sounds good too. I showed him a picture of a NOS. tail pipe and he copied it the best he could.

I'm good with the term post. What's wrong with that? First I've heard of an issue with that term. I've used 2 door coupe and 2 door post kind of interchangeably about B bodies forever.
Didn't know you were a Chevy fan.

Never herd the term until the late '80s, and then I thought the guy was taking about his battery.

I don't like the term "Bubble top" either. Didn't hear that one until the new Millennium.

Didn't know you were a Chevy fan.

Never herd the term until the late '80s, and then I thought the guy was taking about his battery.

I don't like the term "Bubble top" either. Didn't hear that one until the new Millennium.

So you are saying " 2 door post " is a chevy term exclusively? what is the basis for that?

So you are saying " 2 door post " is a chevy term exclusively? what is the basis for that?
First time, of the unfortunate many, that I heard that term it was referring to a Chevy, a '57 210 to be specific.. Then, it became common for Chevy guys to use it. Didn't hear a Mopar guy use it until the 2000s. Mopars were called hardtops or sedans depending on the absence or presence of the B Pillar. Post - gag me!

Hardtop or sedan is the way it works for m, but I'm not going to get bent over it.
As I've said, certain things set people off. I don't like "4x4." That leads people to calling their non 4WD trucks "2x4." A 2x4 is a piece of wood! I never called my Ramcharger a 4x4, it was a 4-wheel drive.

I say Almond. People here in Chico say "A-mond." Drives me nuts.

And I know, it's an A-mond on the ground because it had the L shook out of it. Yuk-yuk.

Yeah, my wife grew up in the Central Valley right in the middle of Almond country and calls them Amonds. It is just SO weird! I'll accept the fact the L got knocked out of them when they hit the ground, but then change the spelling! lol

But getting back to the post. Does that mean if a Chrysler sedan hits a Chevy post, the Chevy becomes 'Totaled'?

I grew up in Sacramento; we called them Almonds. Went to Atwater/Merced when I was 15; first time I ever heard Amonds. Lived in Bakersfield for 20 years, including pastoring a church in Wasco for ten of those years where they are grown; were called Almonds. Moved to Chico, Amonds. They will say here, "You lived in So. Cal., people here say Amond." Me, "I grew up in Sac, Almond." Them, "They don't have Amonds there, they grow olives." Me, "Uh, those are called Oives!"

:lol:

Back