383 misfiring when warms up? AHHHHHH

tax free?????? what planet are you from? PA has a 6% sales tax, and you might get whacked a core charges if you don't exchange the old carb.

you do the the math,, or let me do it for you,, carb here in canada 350 - 400 plus 13% tax. 452 $ taxes in. states 275 - 300 6 % = 318 dollars. roughly. id say its worth the drive lol ..

tax free?????? what planet are you from? PA has a 6% sales tax, and you might get whacked a core charges if you don't exchange the old carb.

No core charge for an Edlebrock or Holley aftermarket carbs.

you do the the math,, or let me do it for you,, carb here in canada 350 - 400 plus 13% tax. 452 $ taxes in. states 275 - 300 6 % = 318 dollars. roughly. id say its worth the drive lol ..
absolutely, just ribbing ya on the 'tax free' comment.........you can run but you can't totally hide from them

got the carb woo. just waiting for the intake to arrive at my door step..

edelbrock 600 electric choke. edelbrock 2186 performer intake. new valve covers and air breather.

will post befor and after pictures in the next week !

You'll like that setup. You'll probably need the carb spacer ring kit. It's just a 3/4' black plastic extension ring that sits on top of the carb so you can mount the air cleaner without hitting the carb body. Advance Auto and or AutoZone has it in store made by Mr Gasket @ $15. If you have your air cleaner already, try mounting on the carb and you'll see what I mean about it hitting the carb body.

Bob, refresh my memory.
Stock air cleaner housing still clears the hood on top of the Eddie and 3/4" spacer? I recall it doesn't.

Sent using Forum Runner

Good question Stan, when he posted about using the set up I was thinking about clearance issues.

If you use an Eddie carb and eddie manifold you can not use that 3/4" aluminum spacer between the carb and manifold. Only use that spacer when bolting an Eddie carb on a stock Chrysler cast iron manifold. The 2186 Eddie manifold (361/383/400) comes with a special metal spacer/adapter 2732 (pictured below). That's the spacer that is used to mount an Eddie carb to an Eddie manifold. I used a Mr. Gasket plastic 3/4" spacer ring between the Edelbrock 14"x3" air cleaner and the carb. And used the sporty knurled Edelbrock air cleaner nut and still have room to spare under the hood.

2732.jpg

Last edited:
Adaptor for an Eddie carb on an Eddie intake????? Wanna rethink that one?

Sent using Forum Runner

Adaptor for an Eddie carb on an Eddie intake????? Wanna rethink that one?

Sent using Forum Runner

I called the Eddie Tech Line and asked about using the 3/4" aluminum adapter and the tech said no don't use that one, it's only used to mount an Eddie carb on a Chrysler cast iron intake. He then asked me if I found a thin metal spacer/adapter in the eddie manifold box. He asked if it was a 2732 eddie adapter. He then said that is the only spacer to use (with the paper thin gasket between the adapter and the manifold and the thicker gasket between the carb and the spacer) to mount an Eddie square bore carb to the Eddie 2186 (spreadbore) Performer intake.

Last edited:
Matt, what is the purpose of sticking magnets to the outside of the tank? Aren't we talking abt dirt here? what am i missing?

The sediment that is in my tank is a result of it sitting in storage for so long with only a little gas in it was actually rusty flakes of the inside of the tank. Rusty metal is still very magnetic! The fuel system is very much sealed for the most part and the only "dirt" that you should get in your tank is what you pump in.

Back