4-speed Newport

Here is my Cordoba I put the driveline that was in my 71 port after the wreck 74 440 and a 71 b-body 8 3/4 rear with 4.56 gears it was a fun car but I needed the money for the 70

image.jpg

It was hard to sell it. But it went to a good home and I'll see it all the time ... Wait that's a bad thing lol.

Its always hard to sell a car you love,especially to someone you know, like watching an old girlfriend with a friend

Here was another Chrysler I bought 2 years ago 1969 NY.super clean so I thought,when I was putting the magnums on I saw that the inside frame rails were shot. Luckily the guy I got it from gave me my money back.but I did lose 600 bucks going and picking it up then taking it back, he lived 5 hr away and diesel ain't cheap

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm glad you joined us here. I was so pissed at the thought of that car getting away from me and ending up in some jerk's hands. I feel great that the car ended up in better hands than I could have given it. I'm going to drive that car vicariously through you.
Black 15" steelies, big fat BW tires - no lettering, and dog dish caps please.

2vla4c4.jpg

Last edited:
That's the plan. I having problems with the 440 I put in her. Idle is rough and it makes no power. I thought it may have been the cam timing but its looks spot on so now I'm thinking vacuum issues. The motor I used was won by my dad in 1983 and never fired until last week. It was built by Mancini racing but I know nothing about it. There is always something

The motor I used was won by my dad in 1983 and never fired until last week. It was built by Mancini racing but I know nothing about it. There is always something
thats interesting in itself.

Very interesting story with the engine. Did you check the carb for corrosion/debris clogging some of the little bores or jets ?
Last year I put on a set of 45 yo NOS Weber carbs on a car that never had any fuel in them and the nozzles for the accelarator pump for example were completely clogged just from storage.

Last edited:
Yeah I even tried another carb that I know is good and it ran the same. The dist I used was just laying around and was used so maybe that. It really sounds like a timing issue.

I can't imagine sitting on a new motor for thirty years. I would have to at least put a glass top on it and place it in front of the sofa.

Back