4 Speeds in 1966

Cool car. I think that 3 on the tree that was up in Penn might have been a better bet, price wise.
I stumbled on this site becasue I was looking for a trans number for the mopar 3 speed. This "one of one" 3 speed Newport showed up.
Funny thing is, I have almost the exact same car. A red 2 door with a three on the tree, manual steering and brakes, no radio, no trim. My options were full wheel covers, L7X interior, tinted windshield, and undercoat. I am the second owner. This car was ordered.
I just parted out a 66 Newport 4 dr HT with a three speed also, but many options.
ek_1_2.jpg

Wow, resurrecting an old thread. :) I also noticed before how 4-speed is not listed as an option for 1966 Chryslers, though it should have been possible with a helpful dealer putting in the right codes, since a 4-speed was available for Dodge and Plymouth C-bodies.

I have personally seen one 1966 Chrysler with a 4-speed. It was a 300 convertible at a local car show. Looked factory but could have been done by the owner. I hung around it for awhile but unfortunately the owner never showed-up and I've never seen the car again.

Looked in the 66 parts book and a console plate for a 4 speed in a Chrysler is not listed.

Back