4th Annual C Body Show - August 1st

ok, if i want a 2 week unpaid quarentine on my return, and i dont tell my employer i will be terminated

ok, if i want a 2 week unpaid quarentine on my return, and i dont tell my employer i will be terminated
Man that sticks!
We're going to be lucky if they don't knee jerk us back to 10 person max gatherings.

Outrageous. No one needs to know where you are going or where you've been.
Of all the people I've told I was as out of state, no one has shown concern. At my work they've let others could me back after being out of state with no quarantine, because they didn't have symptoms. Guess what logic I'm following in going back to work.

Last edited:
I've been anxiously waiting to hear Gov P press conference today, concerning the Covid-19 concerns, and to decide whether or not I need to cancel the show.
With just 10 days to go, and learning the state of Illinois is now broken down into 11 areas, I'm happy to report there does not seem to be any reason to cancel as our area falls within the state guidelines.
According to his press conference, if any area goes over 7.1% on their metric table, they will roll back the current Phase 4 mandate the entire state is under right now. The only area getting close is the East Region, but not they're not there yet.
Our Northeast Region is not within any precautionary levels at this time. Chicago & the collar counties are all between 3% & 5% currently.

C19 illinois-region-map as of July 22 2020.jpg

Here's the clip from today's press conference.....
"https://abc7chicago.com/video/embed/?pid=6329156"

As a word of advice to all attendees: Make sure you arrive at the 4th Annual C Body Show with a facemask!
I do not know what to expect when arriving on the day of show when setting up the registration tent, or if someone will be checking for protective face masks when entering the park, so just be prepared when you hop in your car to drive on over.
I might have a few extra masks available if needed but not enough for everyone.
These next 10 days are going to feel like eternity, and I sure do hope we can all get together for a fun time and that nothing changes with any upticks in our region regarding C-19 before 8/1/2020.

Finally, with this said, I am asking anyone who hasn't already registered for the show to do so now. I am expecting a good turn out as already mentioned in previous posts. By registering it will help me keep a better handle on the number of people that will be in attendance.

Outrageous. No one needs to know where you are going or where you've been.
Oh your boss knows if you drive a GPS speed regulated company vehicle. Wait till a good sneaky personal injury attorney gets the subpoena for the GPS records entered into court. Open the lawsuit floodgates.
Good luck with the show, wish I could make it.

company vehicle
What are those? :lol:

I was just thinking about then the other day, growing up at least two neighbors had company cars, now I don't know anyone who has one, unless they own the business.

All the more reason to drive an old car, track this corporate A holes!:icon_fU:

Oh your boss knows if you drive a GPS speed regulated company vehicle. Wait till a good sneaky personal injury attorney gets the subpoena for the GPS records entered into court. Open the lawsuit floodgates.
Good luck with the show, wish I could make it.

Nope, plus my boss has common sense and realizes the lunacy of this charade.

I would like to come but I will be driving close to the area this Friday and again Sunday on the way to and fro Indianapolis with the family. Around 12 hours each way. Not sure I can drive another 10 hours (Each way)back again the next weekend. Next summer I shouldn’t have any Lacrosse obligations with my daughter, so maybe can hit this one. I look forward to the invite next year.

I would like to come but I will be driving close to the area this Friday and again Sunday on the way to and fro Indianapolis with the family. Around 12 hours each way. Not sure I can drive another 10 hours (Each way)back again the next weekend. Next summer I shouldn’t have any Lacrosse obligations with my daughter, so maybe can hit this one. I look forward to the invite next year.

I've put 2000 miles on my rental car these past 10 days. Me breathing on People, people breathing on me. Between here and Carlisle I've interacted with 50,000 people. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the C body show on my wife's birthday 600 miles away

I've put 2000 miles on my rental car these past 10 days. Me breathing on People, people breathing on me. Between here and Carlisle I've interacted with 50,000 people. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to the C body show on my wife's birthday 600 miles away
Easy. Fly in and pick a Dodge...:rofl:

This thread has been too quiet. Suppose every is getting their cars ready for tomorrow.
16 hours til the show.
Don't forget your masks.
Google Maps

Excellent news! Now... I know you have a Monaco too. So does that mean 3 Polaras and 1 Monaco, or 4P+1M?

I'll be there. This year my plan is to bring two Chryslers -- Buttercup (GY4 1972 NYB 2dr hardtop) in the morning, and then swap with Ming (JA5 1973 NYB 4dr hardtop) in the afternoon.

No touch-ups in my case. Each cars will have received new tires and a tune-up (and in Ming's case a rebuilt carb by @Dana), but otherwise they will look the same as when I bought them 4 and 1 month ago, respectively. That way everyone can see them before some cosmetics (new top for Buttercup, three small paint touch-ups for Ming) are done later this summer.

EDIT: change of plans, I’ll swap for Medina not Ming so that Medina can show off her cleaned up engine bay and so that I can compare her with Buttercup.

Last edited:
I washed on Wed and actually vacuumed it last night. And cleaned under the hood - it was spotless while my dad (wasn't) driving it. 4 years and it was a little cruddy.

Back