4th Annual C Body Show - August 1st

It's only six hours away, it's a local show for me. The drive feels shorter I've done it so much the past few years.
6 hours?. Last year the 15 hours one way Nick and I did was a drop in the bucket and many were blown away we drove 750 miles one way. One guy was shocked when I answered his question if I trailered it to the show....No ..and built to be driven lol.

That's the most generous serving of butterscotch pudding I've ever seen....

Nice to see people out, unmasked, and acting normal for a change.

IMG_2030 copy.jpg

Sorry to have missed the show this year...hope to make it in 2021. Great pics!
OK, here are a few pictures from the show. But first, a big thank you to @sixpkrt for organizing and re-organizing the show amid the pandemic. It was all super-easy for folks on the grounds, all the way down to the FCBO road signals!

It was great seeing the cars and talking to their owners. I counted 18 C-bodies, and a few other Mopars elsewhere on the parking lot too. Here are a few. The first two photos show three yellow/gold Chrysler New Yorkers: 1978 KY4, 1971 GY6, and 1972 GY4.

View attachment 392794

View attachment 392795

View attachment 392790

View attachment 392791

View attachment 392792

View attachment 392793

View attachment 392797

View attachment 392798

Sorry to have missed the show this year...hope to make it in 2021.

You were missed...I don't think there was a single super-lite in attendance!
As a matter of fact, there were a couple people that I was suprised not to see. Tim really knocked it out of the park reserving such a beautiful spot, and the weather cooperated pleasantly.

You were missed...I don't think there was a single super-lite in attendance!
As a matter of fact, there were a couple people that I was suprised not to see. Tim really knocked it out of the park reserving such a beautiful spot, and the weather cooperated pleasantly.
Maybe next year there will be 2 superlights! Could hope for 3 but that probably won't happen...:poke:...ever.

2020 will be remembered as the No Car Show Year, but fortunately the 4th Annual C Body Show won't be included in that category.
Thanks to everyone who made it out to Randall Oaks Park. Your attendance made the event a success.
Even though most attendees consisted of the repeat offenders, and with about 1/2 who registered made the show, there were a few newbies this year that proves there's enough interest with our C Bodies and that it warrants doing this again next year.
The day before the show, a little housekeeping at the shop was needed, and a final prep with the cars was the agenda for the day. One by one they were getting parked outside. Later that day, Xenon brought his 67 Imp over for some front end work and an oil change.
Day before the show.jpg
Day before the show 2.jpg

The night before, I drove the New Yorker home since I was bring 3 cars and had just 2 drivers. My brother and I went to shop early on Saturday, and were on our way to the park when the Imperial started to sputter, and then died. Out of gas, and of course the one time I wasn't carrying any extra fuel, Murphy's Law happened.
By the time we get to the park, it was still before the show was to start. With no one else there yet, the Imperial was parked and we took the 300 back to my house to get the New Yorker. By the time we got back to the park, one car had already arrived. It was one of our newbies with the 68 300 convertible.
He and his wife were kind enough to lend a hand with the pop up tent, and unloading the cars with the other supplies/signs, etc...
Soon afterwards, the c bodies started to roll in.
Some of the pics that were taken.....
The convertibles.....
1968 300 convt.jpg
1968 Newport convt.jpg
1968 Sport Grain Newport convt.jpg
1969 300 convt.jpg
1970 Polara convt.jpg

Couple of Wagons, and a couple unique rides showed up this year....
1972 Monaco wagon.jpg
1971 Sprt Suburban Fury.jpg
1967 Monaco Gasser.jpg
1968 Coronet convt RestoMod.jpg

The resto mod belongs to a friend mine. He came to the show with a couple other friends of ours from the neighborhood, driving their GM cars...and a Chally
1955 Bel Aire.jpg
1972 Chevelle.jpg

After the show, some of us went over to my shop.
I didn't have any pics of this Imperial while at the show, but here's a few....
1967 Imperial burnout .jpg
1967 Imperial burnout 2.jpg
1967 Imperial burnout 3.jpg

After the fun and games were over, @david hill , @LocuMob @71Polara383 and me gassed up our cars and drove out to Wyatts in Rockford. I parked the C bodies for the night, and decided to take the R/T.
On the way there, the alternator fried in Wyatt's TX9 car. After a few minutes with David looking it over, and bypassing it, we were moving again. (Maybe Wyatt was having a Murphys Law day too):rolleyes: It's a good thing, or just a ton of luck, that the battery held up all the way to Rockford.
Gas Station.jpg
Gas Station 2.jpg
Rockford 3.jpg
Rockford 2.jpg

It was sometime around 3:00am before ending back at the shop to park the R/T.
Good times. :thumbsup:

Back