5 Classic Imperials Sold as One Lot - Worth a Look

Thanks, that is a lot worth watching.

My inner idiot keeps telling me that a wise bidder might get these and flip 4 individually for a close to free car...

My realistic side is pretty sure a Jay Leno wannabe with Daddy Warbucks money will make this lot go for top dollar. What a bunch of nice cars.

Any bets on how far north of $500k this is going to run?

Definitely "different strokes for different folks" some of the same comments mentioned above "for" the Riviera is what I would say of the Toronado. If you look deeper into articles about the '66 Toro you would see that these cars are "over built" in my opinion. The engineering was impressive. I have always want one of either the '66 Toronado but also looked at the Riviera. If looking for a car that stands out its the '66 Toronado. It took me several decades to find the right one and I have one now.

View attachment 293321

Monster big block front wheel drive!

I like the 66/67.

:thumbsup:

Speaking about the Toro and Riv, I would not even consider anything else than a 71-73 boat tail Riviera.

Of those five Imps, I prefer the 61 Crown over the 57-60. The fins are after all smoother in my eyes. Yes, they´re higher than the older ones, but the back edge of them is sort of flowing instead of being axed to be close to end vertically straight and the front end is unique among luxury cars or any other passenger cars offered back in the day: free-standing head lights mounted to cavities, the turn signals/parking lamps over them in the sheet metal and the narrow grille consisting of horizontal bars. The side trim seems to belong to a luxury car by its size, styling and the detail at the bottom of the fin.

I once owned four Riviera's at the same time. A 68, 72, and two 74's.
I think the 68 was the best road car but the 72 was my favorite.

I was watching a Perry Mason rerun and thought of this thread. BTW, Perry drives a '57 Ford Skyliner retractable hardtop in the first season.

i204909.jpg

Back