56 dodge master cylinder

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I replaced my front drums with discs. I want to use a modern master cylinder with the new setup, but I don’t know what to use. I’m looking for suggestions. This is not a power brake system.

That should be a firewall mount 4 bolt master cylinder. You should be able to adapt a manual brake '67 master cylinder which is also a 4 bolt type. Not sure if the mount holes will line up, so you might have to modify the mount on the firewall. You will also need a split brake distribution block and the tubing to hook up the dual master cylinder. You will need to fabricate the tubing as no one makes a kit for this application. You can use the modern Nicopp copper/nickel tubing which is easier to bend. Be sure to invest in a brake line double flaring tool or borrow one from your local auto parts. www.inlinetube.com can supply a dual brake conversion block. Good Luck.

Dave

That should be a firewall mount 4 bolt master cylinder. You should be able to adapt a manual brake '67 master cylinder which is also a 4 bolt type. Not sure if the mount holes will line up, so you might have to modify the mount on the firewall. You will also need a split brake distribution block and the tubing to hook up the dual master cylinder. You will need to fabricate the tubing as no one makes a kit for this application. You can use the modern Nicopp copper/nickel tubing which is easier to bend. Be sure to invest in a brake line double flaring tool or borrow one from your local auto parts. www.inlinetube.com can supply a dual brake conversion block. Good Luck.

Dave
Thank you. I will explore this approach.

Back