'56 Imperial my parents bought in 1970.

Did anyone notice that sweet looking Dodge truck in the background?? Is that a PowerWagnon?

Have to chuckle...the '56 has the "Chrysler sag" in the rear springs. My dad had 3 extra leaves put in mine when he had it. They never settled in and the rear is still just a tad higher than the front.
Thank you! I have several Power Wagons. I'd guess you're referring to the tan '79. That is a nice one, about 90,000 miles on it. I have a '65 that is in comparable condition, less than 60,000 miles on it, always stored inside since new. I used the '79 to haul the Imperial home, it's a 360 with some "run better" parts on it, 4 speed, a Gear Vendors overdrive, 4.10 gears, 33" tall tires, it runs down the road pretty good. Might as well tow a cool old car with a cool old truck, a little squatted hauling the car but I also had tools, extra wheels & tires, other extra parts & heavy junk in the truck. The green truck in that picture is a '54 M37 that I drive quite a bit. The fire truck that you can't quite see in the second picture is a '61 W500 that I drive a lot too. I still have the '76 Warlock Power Wagon with a 440 I bought in 1986 when I was 18. It's rough & has had a ton of hard fast miles put on it, off the road & on the road. It has a nice cozy spot in the barn these days. The first Power Wagon I was around is a '58 that my dad bought in 1973, I have it too but it's not a driver yet.. A '75 my uncle bought new & a '71 that was my dad's round out the driver trucks.
Yes on the Imperial rear springs lol. It also needs the rear axle control struts put back on it. The brackets on the frame & the axle are broken & mostly missing, that seems to be a common problem & I guess the struts are only on Imperials.

20220409_140110.jpg

I haven't tried Leatherique & hadn't heard of it. I looked it up & I will be trying some, might help the saddle bags on my old Harley too.
I would try it and experiment with it on less rare leather first and also ask some folks with similar cars -- I think it is safe for all traditional leather as should be the case with the Imp, but I don't know for sure. This said, I plan to give the full treatment to one of my cars (burgundy leather) this Spring, with @david hill 's help.

I would try it and experiment with it on less rare leather first and also ask some folks with similar cars -- I think it is safe for all traditional leather as should be the case with the Imp, but I don't know for sure. This said, I plan to give the full treatment to one of my cars (burgundy leather) this Spring, with @david hill 's help.
Good plan.....I might've had a mess. I have a two door '56 Imperial that also has leather & it's toast. Might be decent enough for a test run though.

Whose geodesic dome house?

Did you buy it or build it?

Did you buy it or build it?
I bought it from the guy who built it. He built it in '79, I bought it 29 years ago this week. It's kind of odd I don't remember what day but I do remember it was snowing like crazy & I was driving my '70 Fury cop car. It got around great in the snow.

Last edited:
It's cool, looks like a Chrysler pentastar in the middle of your roof!
Thank you! There are skylights in the top. Skylights are good & bad but I like them more than I hate them. All the shingles were one color when I got the house & it needed new shingles so I changed the color of the 5 pentagons. Just replaced the shingles again in 2021 when these pictures were taken.

Back