For Sale 59 DeSoto wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeSoto-Fire...ue&hash=i&item=281617206706&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

The floors are probably toast. Under the best of circumstances they rust bad. Sitting in a field has to make it worse. Very cool wagon though.

Man those are way cool wagons. Replacing the rear curved side glass could be a concern.

Man those are way cool wagons. Replacing the rear curved side glass could be a concern.

Not really. All the Mopar wagons from 57-59 used the same glass. Could probably find one with a couple of phone calls.
I'm sure the floor pans are toasted too. But we know that you know what to do about that Chris. We,ve seen it.
This car would be a "labor of love" restoration. But MAN....... What a special car you'd have.
Done right these cars will pull 45-60K restored. About what it will cost to do.

Last edited:
the 59 Plymouth looks like as if it just needs more air in the front tire and then drive it off

329873736.jpg

Thank you for the rear window lesson bluefury361, knowledge is a wonderful thing. There is a '58 for sale in NZ which I now know has the same shaped window :)

329873736.jpg

Desoto Diplomat wagon.
Desoto Firesweep front and from the A-pillar back it is a Plymouth

The 1957-58-59 Mopar wagons and suburbans all shared the same glass and many of the body componants, both domestic and export.
The Desoto fireswept shared a chassis with the Dodge.

Is that the normal procedure for an export model, or has this been put together over the years with several cars?

Below is the link if anyone is interested in having a look. It's not mine or anyone I know.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/chrysler/auction-850376776.htm

it is a normal procedure for the export cars.

Everywhere outside the US you get more or less regular looking Dodges and Desotos as well as the Dodge Kingsway and the Desoto Diplomat which are actually Plymouth, they just have a Dodge or Desoto front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back