60s music

Big blubber

Reaction score
Ok guys .As some of you have commented on my posts , I like mopars dogs cats planes ,But I also have a passion for 60s music this is one of my all time fave bands ,What are yours guys . [video]www.toutube.com/watch?v=swqr5upm6qa[/video]

Last edited:
That's what I got from this link above. Contrary to 60s IMHO. ;)

Ok here it goes… I was raised old fashion and waited to have sex until my marriage… I had boyfriends but never had sex with them. Now I have been married for 3 years and have never had a full climax. I sometimes think to my self if I would have had sex with my ex’s would I have or what is going wrong that I don’t because my husband does last long but still nothing - See more at: http://askayeti.com/#sthash.INTk3Svk.dpuf

Time again for this tallhair. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, hands down, The Beatles. 178 Million records sold. Nobody comes close. There are lots of other great bands though,,,,,,,,,
Just to me, from the first time they were on Ed Sullivan forward.

To me, hands down, The Beatles. 178 Million records sold. Nobody comes close. There are lots of other great bands though,,,,,,,,,
Just to me, from the first time they were on Ed Sullivan forward.
Yea the Beatles where great ,But everybody's got there fave's I suppose.:yaayy:

That link was a bit of a surprise.:laughing4:

There's just so many songs from the '60's. I sometimes think that there were more songs recorded during the sixties than any other decade. :laughing7:

If we're talking early sixties then, yeah, the Beatles, Rolling Stones (my favorite band at one time),

The Kinks, Beach Boys and some of the other car songs from back then. There was Bob Dylan with "It Ain't Me" and "Like A Rolling Stone", the Raiders had some good tunes with "Just Like Me", "Kicks" and "Good Thing". There were a lot of different styles of music that I like from back then and a lot of artists and bands too. I can't really pick a favorite now. :)

There's just so many songs from the '60's. I sometimes think that there were more songs recorded during the sixties than any other decade. :laughing7:

If we're talking early sixties then, yeah, the Beatles, Rolling Stones (my favorite band at one time),

The Kinks, Beach Boys and some of the other car songs from back then. There was Bob Dylan with "It Ain't Me" and "Like A Rolling Stone", the Raiders had some good tunes with "Just Like Me", "Kicks" and "Good Thing". There were a lot of different styles of music that I like from back then and a lot of artists and bands too. I can't really pick a favorite now. :)

The stones where one of my faves aswell , After the 60s they weren't the same band and there songs,In the 70s 80s and through just weren't the same again .

Yea it was a surprise to me ,It didn't quite look like the small faces ,And my fave singer Steve Marriott

another great bunch, the Animals,The Cowsills, Marvin Gaye,The Association, the turtles! On and on, What a great variety we had!
Today's music sucks beyond description.

I like many kinds of music myself but modern music is so contrived and dull there is no human element to it is all computers back then there wasn't so a lot of it was from the heart and that is the best music when other kids my age listen to rap and the rest of that garbage and they think its amazing Its laughable once you heard Neil young, The Band or Jimi hendrix etc. its impossible for me to go to new music

So much of the late '60s and early '70s music was whiny-assed anti-war crap. Listen to the lyrics of that era. It's just not something I like to listen to these days. Granted, there were a lot of great rock bands then, but so much of that music sounds the same. I really started liking he music of the day in the mid-'70s, when bands like Rush and others were hitting the music scene. Since Disco was the big thing then, and all the local stations played that crap, Album Rock was the thing to listen to to counter that horrible time in popular music. Country was even worse!

I remember in the late '70s, when I was working at two different radio stations (not at the same time!). The college station was pretty much free-form, with nearly no structured programming or playlists. I had the 8am to noon shift M-F then, and had a ball! I was exposed to so much different music of all types - rock, c/w, jazz, blues - that every day on the air was a new day! After I quit college (no scholarships and no Mom & Dad S&L), I started at a 1000-watt AM station in my town. The station manager was a very anal nitwit, but the sports director was an old radio guy who started in the late '40s. Learned tons about radio from him! And, even though I was on a fairly rigid C&W Top 40 playlist, I had a bit of leeway in adding different artists to the mix. I even snuck in the Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses" in one evening! The manager called me while I was on and asked "Who is that? That's a great song!"...and when I replied "The Stones", you'd have thought I shot his dog or something.

So, as for my music, I like the late '70s/early '80s album rock/arena rock bands. Plus bands like the Doors, Hendrix, CCR, and Pink Floyd. Not much on country at all! I had to play that crap on the radio.

I'm a big fan of 60/70's music, 3 dog night, guess who, moody blues, motown, etc. Recently my kids introduced me to a modern folk/rock group, Mumford and Sons. This four man group has more talent than anyone I've heard for decades.

Back