For Sale '62 Chrysler Newport Wagon FS IL Craigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Contact seller
this looks super clean and is even a CA. blk plate car and price looks fair....

1962 Chrysler Newport

1962 Chrysler Newport - $8000 (Woodstock)

00M0M_8zoNeNjSRK3_600x450.jpg

1962 Chrysler 4 Door Hardtop Station Wagon
331 motor
All original, Runs great, No rust
$8,000 OBO

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the **** Brindle Brown color that thing looks nice! Wish they'd put more pics up. I think he means 361 for the engine. I love those hardtop wagons. Way cool:thumbsup:

What motivates me is the condition of the car vs the paint color. What costs more to do multiple rust patches on cars you cannot find parts or a simple paint job on a car that has been lovingly cared for. Don't forget you are paying for the rust panel repair/replacement plus a paint job no matter what color it is. Unless you appreciate what it is like this car. Maybe attach magnetic flames if you want some color added to the car.

I love these hdtp wagons too and it looks like a nice 2 door Fury next to it.
IMG_2411.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG

this looks super clean and is even a CA. blk plate car and price looks fair....

1962 Chrysler Newport

1962 Chrysler Newport - $8000 (Woodstock)hide this posting unhide
<image 1 of 3>
00M0M_8zoNeNjSRK3_600x450.jpg

1962 Chrysler 4 Door Hardtop Station Wagon
331 motor
All original, Runs great, No rust
$8,000 OBO

6061.png
6061.png
6062.png
6062.png

marker-shadow.png
  • Just love these detail filled ads! Power? (Steering,brakes,windows,seats) A/C? How about the correct engine displacement? Can we hope that it's got a torqueflite in it and not a 3speed stick? Certainly looks rust free from the pictures, but they don't tell much of a story. Anybody close to this car?

I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up yet, very cool looking wagon.

Oooo, the ever powerful Chrysler 331 - someone dropped a hemi in that car!

Seriously, I have a complete set of wheelcovers just like the ones on this car. Came off my the '62 New Yorker I owned when I switched wheels. If anyone would be interested in buying them, shoot me a note.

• Just love these detail filled ads! Power? (Steering,brakes,windows,seats) A/C? How about the correct engine displacement? Can we hope that it's got a torqueflite in it and not a 3speed stick? Certainly looks rust free from the pictures, but they don't tell much of a story. Anybody close to this car?
This car is now in the Twin Cities, in my garage. It is a nice original solid car, though the body does have some "experience" dents and dings. The interior is nice, just needs carpet, a dash pad, and vinyl flooring and wheel hump covering in the rear bed. The right side has some dings, and the car is going to have a complete repaint and color change. The car had been repainted at some point in it's life and the color was close to the original, but not correct and the dents need fixing anyway. Going to go with original Chrysler chart colors, white roof/red body. I do need a few original parts: Drivers side tail light lens, passenger side beltline stainless trim strip. Any recommendations for a plater to rechrome the bumpers?

This car is now in the Twin Cities, in my garage. It is a nice original solid car, though the body does have some "experience" dents and dings. The interior is nice, just needs carpet, a dash pad, and vinyl flooring and wheel hump covering in the rear bed. The right side has some dings, and the car is going to have a complete repaint and color change. The car had been repainted at some point in it's life and the color was close to the original, but not correct and the dents need fixing anyway. Going to go with original Chrysler chart colors, white roof/red body. I do need a few original parts: Drivers side tail light lens, passenger side beltline stainless trim strip. Any recommendations for a plater to rechrome the bumpers?

If you want a new dashpad, your best bet is clearly RD Autoline out of Sweden. Outstanding reproduction for half the money of Just Dashes, and it actually looks good too, unlike the latter. They are very easy to work with too. I got one from them and couldn't be more impressed.

RD Autoline | Welcome to RD-Autoline, the company for those that demand the highest quality for your classic car

Congratulations nice score. Now that you have it, how about some more please? I think we'd all like to see some more.

Nice one! I love it when a plan comes together.

Nice to know it found a new home. How about some pictures.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions regarding plating and dash. Here are a few pictures as it started it's journey to Minnesota. It's really a very nice solid car. I'm finding that parts are a tad more rare than hen's teeth for this model. I found a NOS right tail light lens, but the left one is proving to be much more difficult to source. I did find a used 95% perfect dash pad for $300, but it's going to have to be vinyl dyed because it's faded on top. Still, much better than the $1200 Just Dashes wants for their repop. With lead times of 3 months on bumper plating I think I may have to finish this over the Winter, but the body and paint work should be done by mid Summer, so I can drive it with the old chrome. The gas tank was out of the car when I got it, and it had been refurbished but the owner lost the filler neck in all the moving around. Does anyone know of a car in a junkyard somewhere that might have one?

17308956_1513081262058772_3656384133573294435_n.jpg

17361835_1513081295392102_808047285614950122_n.jpg

17362373_1513081285392103_4307839776322836080_n.jpg

17362451_1513081292058769_4760158547780667032_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back