62 Newport Steering Wheel

Reaction score
Looking for a steering wheel for the 62 Newport or ideas on where to get it repaired. While removing the steering wheel we broke the plastic around the column portion. The wheel itself also has cracks. Any help is appreciated.

00FE4E8A-C8EA-489C-8339-EA2E6E5889DD.jpeg

Looking for a steering wheel for the 62 Newport or ideas on where to get it repaired. While removing the steering wheel we broke the plastic around the column portion. The wheel itself also has cracks. Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 335124

There is a lot of information on repair of steering wheels for these years of Chrysler products on the Imperial Club website, and also a number of companies/people that restore them to new condition, including new recasts of steering wheels. Recasting a steering wheel to like new condition will set you back some $1200 last I looked into it, but other repair methods and potential companies that can do repairs are also listed that might be worth giving a call to inquire:

How To Diagnose and Repair Problems with Your (Chrysler) Imperial's Steering Wheel

A couple companies that come to mind include:

D&D Automobilia
qualityrestorations.com

and there are others if you continue to look around.

If you just want repairs to your wheel, then I would suggest calling either of the above vendors and inquire as to whether they could recommend persons who do repairs rather than full recasts.

1962 Chrysler 300s are one of my favorites, and the Newports are much the same cars with a wider variety of steering wheel options than the 300 Letter cars. Good luck in your seach.............

300H #1 (5).jpg
300H #2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
300H #3 (4).jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing the wheel is a solid black plastic unit on a Newport. There's a product, (A-B epoxy, two part putty), that works very well in the repair of steering wheels. Patients, a lot of sanding and a automotive paint/clear coat will bring great results.

A+B Epoxy Putty, 7oz, White 9904H

There is a lot of information on repair of steering wheels for these years of Chrysler products on the Imperial Club website, and also a number of companies/people that restore them to new condition, including new recasts of steering wheels. Recasting a steering wheel to like new condition will set you back some $1200 last I looked into it, but other repair methods and potential companies that can do repairs are also listed that might be worth giving a call to inquire:

How To Diagnose and Repair Problems with Your (Chrysler) Imperial's Steering Wheel

A couple companies that come to mind include:

D&D Automobilia
qualityrestorations.com

and there are others if you continue to look around.

If you just want repairs to your wheel, then I would suggest calling either of the above vendors and inquire as to whether they could recommend persons who do repairs rather than full recasts.

1962 Chrysler 300s are one of my favorites, and the Newports are much the same cars with a wider variety of steering wheel options than the 300 Letter cars. Good luck in your seach.............

View attachment 335129 View attachment 335130 View attachment 335131
Your 300H is quite stunning!!!

Back