WANTED 65/66 Chrysler AND 65/66 FURY pushbutton AC/Heat/Defrost vacuum switch wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey All,

Looking for NOS or good used for the pushbutton vacuum switch for a 1965 or 1966 Chrysler and also for 65/66 FURY. The part number is 2587 564

1692333523220.png

If you have one, but don't want to take it apart from the actual dash HVAC controller, I'll take the whole shebang.
1692333641102.png
1692448809218.jpeg

Why not buy one of the modern reproductions or supercedes that are out there? Well, NONE of them have the electrical connection tabs in the same location. At least the pictures don't show them being in the same spots...

Anyhow, anyone have?

Last edited:
Try the links on his page also have found stuff that way also.

Hey All,

Looking for NOS or good used for the pushbutton vacuum switch for a 1965 or 1966 Chrysler and also for 65/66 FURY. The part number is 2587 564

View attachment 611586

If you have one, but don't want to take it apart from the actual dash HVAC controller, I'll take the whole shebang.
View attachment 611587View attachment 611703

Why not buy one of the modern reproductions or supercedes that are out there? Well, NONE of them have the electrical connection tabs in the same location. At least the pictures don't show them being in the same spots...

Anyhow, anyone have?
Consider putting in electrical controls under the dash and keep the push button vacuum controls for looks only. Kinda like the close door buttons on an elevator which are for looks only! That is what I did on my 65 SF restoration given I had three sets of push button vacuum controls which are now in one of my many storage boxes. I did this on the recommendation of the shop doing my restoration, which are a nightmare to restore and maintain. Electrical controls are far superior without the headache of trying to restore and maintain vacuum while at the same time maintaining the original look. One of my smarter decisions!

What you suggest is definitely in consideration... I've got mock up boxes and such for Vintage Air too... but in the meantime, I'll buy your controls that you've got stored in the boxes - PM me please and let's talk!

What you suggest is definitely in consideration... I've got mock up boxes and such for Vintage Air too... but in the meantime, I'll buy your controls that you've got stored in the boxes - PM me please and let's talk!
I have the whole a/c system I got out of Dallas but only wanted the dash to so I could put in a/c to keep the original factory look. As far as the push button controls, I don’t know if they work, what condition and what it would take to get them in condition. I know the buttons are only in fair condition. I also know you can buy the actual control units. If I was to sell, I don’t even know what to ask because at best my guess is they would be cosmetic for the same purpose I am using them but again, you can buy the actual controls behind the buttons.

Regarding your comment on Vintage Air. I put Vintage in my 66 GTO contrary to my installer’s recommendation; big mistake! It is noisy, don’t like the controls (use my old dash controls for appearance only but are Vintage behind) and cooling system not very good, delivered air is cool at best. I put Old Air in my 65 SF. It is quiet while at the same time blows way more air and provides very cold air. Controls under the dash but good appearance. Considering changing the GTO over to Old Air even though the Vintage is only 2 years old and only used a few hours.

I would be happy to work with you on the controls but will have to relook at them to determine if I would even recommend them to you. As it is, they are and will never be any use to me.

I'll send you a PM - thanks also for the recommendation for the OLD AIR products' AC box assembly. I will definitely think more on this.

PM coming soon.

Hey All,

View attachment 611586

View attachment 611587View attachment 611703

Anyhow, anyone have?
Sent you PM but disregard. You have the same unit I have only my plastic vacuum controls is one year older, 65 SF. If you really want to go that route, you can buy a new plastic control for vacuum.

With regard to my original in the 65, for looks only, dummy on the dash, I have attached a picture. I have also attached a picture of the under the dash controls for my Old Air the bezel of which I painted the same as my dash and I am well satisfied with it. I have also attached pictures of the Old Air unit as it sits under the dash and fully acceptable and basically looks the same as the old unit but narrower. As I said before, I put Vintage Air in my 66 GTO and wish I had gone with the Old Air and I may still switch over, quieter, better controls and way, way cooler. The best the Vintage Air does here in Arizona is "make it tolerable" but not comfortable!

AC 3.jpg

AC 5.jpg

AC 6.jpg

The 3502126 will leave the compressor on at all times.
I have an NOS 2587564. PM me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back