65 C-Body Body Bumper kits?

James Romano

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace many of the bumper on my 65 SFury. Anyone make a kit for them, or is there another kit we can use from B-Body, E-Body?

Seems from what I can tell, no one makes the 65-66 kit?

I'm looking to replace many of the bumper on my 65 SFury. Anyone make a kit for them, or is there another kit we can use from B-Body, E-Body?

Seems from what I can tell, no one makes the 65-66 kit?

There are no kit bumpers for your car. Re-chromed units are available. Most will run in the $750-$800 range. Can yours be re-plated? That is sometimes a little cheaper. Your typical re-plate is around $600.

If you search e-bay, "'65 Plymouth fury bumpers" a number of vendors come up. Sorry, there is no cheap way to do this. Might also want to check your local wrecking yards.

Dave

Yes, the rubber bumpers on the fender for the hood and the doors. We can buy them separately, but there doesnt seem to be a kit for 65-66 C-Bodies. Was just wondering if I bought a B-Body or E-Bidy kit if they would work.

I used Detroit Muscle and bought the door and adjustable hood bumpers. I'm looking at Steele Rubber for the hood to fender... But whoa... $24 a pair... Ouch

Yes, the rubber bumpers on the fender for the hood and the doors. We can buy them separately, but there doesnt seem to be a kit for 65-66 C-Bodies. Was just wondering if I bought a B-Body or E-Bidy kit if they would work.

I used Detroit Muscle and bought the door and adjustable hood bumpers. I'm looking at Steele Rubber for the hood to fender... But whoa... $24 a pair... Ouch

Steele is expensive but their stuff is as close to original as possible in quality, sometimes even better. Excellent products and service. Their vent window seals are expensive but spot on and dont leak, same with roof rail and door weatherstrip.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm about to order from them. I used them for my trunk seal, and I was happy with the quality.

Back