Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Another Mecum

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HA0413-149442&entryRow=986

1965 Fury vert.jpg

1965 Fury vert.jpg

That is still sweet! Might of been a showroom model.

Very nice vert. What would have been the price difference when new between that and a sport?

I know people that did not want buckets or a console in any car. Even today too. One of my friends is tall and he wouldn't buy a truck with a buckets and a console. Restricts his right leg and knee movement. I drove his truck (same model as mine) and it was a big difference in leg room. Now I wish I would of bought a truck with a bench seat.

This car sold for $10,500. + buyers fees, which are usually around 6%.

Thanks for sharing the update. I always think it's interesting to see how they do at auction specially a big one like Mecum.

Not picking at it but, at first I thought it was a really nice resto but looking closer at the details, seat resto, antenna and such, is it me or do both of the rear 1/4 wheelhouses look bowed or flared out to anyone? At first I thought it was a reflection in the black paint but the more I look at it, there seems to be something different about the 1/4s flaring out instead of being flat? Anyone?

:sSig_thanks:Commando1. I thought for a moment there that my eyes were playing tricks on me. It really seemed to be too much of a bow in both 1/4's and the flat areas to the rears for picture distortion. Woo Hoo... I have now passed my yearly eye exam. 20/20 vision...:icon_cyclops:

I'm willing to bet they used those gawd awfull pieces of crap that come out of Canada to repair the quarters.

< Sent from my tablet >

Where in Canada?
These guys.
They sell them but they come in a box from some Canadian co. I forget the name.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Fu...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item51a4c72b60

The are a real POS!!!

!Br+G4ZQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKjgEvMk6!nBUBL2DVklMeQ~~_3.JPG

Economy grade panel made in Canada from coated automotive steel for lasting corrosion protection. Fits the passenger side on 2 or 4 door Fury I, II, III.

Requires advanced sheet metal skills to install and finish.
Advanced? Even Chip Foose's shop couldn't make these work.

I was just about ready to pull the trigger on those lowers, but then I found these at this other company, that at least lists seperate 2 and 4 door models for a 65 Fury.
http://www.noramstore.com/Plymouth_Fury_65_66_Lower_Quarter_Panel_2_Door_p/0275760u.htm

Same ones - same manufacturer.
I showed the short qtr panel that they make that fits 2 and 4 door cars.
The same co.makes the full qtrs. for 2 drs. and for 4 drs.

MANY distributers, ONE company making them. Don't be fooled.

Last edited:
Same ones - same manufacturer.
I showed the short qtr panel that they make that fits 2 and 4 door cars.
The same co.makes the full qtrs. for 2 drs. and for 4 drs.

MANY distributers, ONE company making them. Don't be fooled.
Thanks for the tip Commando, It seems hard to find quality sheet metal anywhere in the hobby.I realize the best pieces to use are from an original car, but getting hard to find in the wrecking yards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back