65 fury instrument cluster/shift indicator

Rooster34

Reaction score
Hey guys hope you had a good memorial weekend! I just bought a 65 fury II survivor, it needs a bit of engine work but the body and interior are excellent for the age. I am wondering how to remove the instrument cluster and also fix the shift indicator. As you can see in the photos that the needle is all the way to the right, it doesn't move when shifting through the gears. And guidence would be great!
20200526_165415.jpg

20200524_162942.jpg

20200526_165358.jpg

20200526_165351.jpg

It has been a long time since I have taken my speedo assembly out. But you may have to drop the steering column down. For sure, you will have to disconnect the speedo cable from up under the dash. I know there are two screws at the top of the bezel you have to remove and a couple at the bottom. Anyway, you said the shift indicator doesn't move so something has become unhooked from the shifter. Here are a couple pictures of a speedo cluster I have that has the hardware that hooks onto the shifter assembly. Once you get it out, you will see what is broken or missing. Shouldn't be too tough of a job. Let me know if you need any of these parts. You may be able to drop the steering column and not have to take the speedo cluster out if you can get to the two screws that hold the shifter indicator in.

100_9491.JPG

100_9492.JPG

It has been a long time since I have taken my speedo assembly out. But you may have to drop the steering column down. For sure, you will have to disconnect the speedo cable from up under the dash. I know there are two screws at the top of the bezel you have to remove and a couple at the bottom. Anyway, you said the shift indicator doesn't move so something has become unhooked from the shifter. Here are a couple pictures of a speedo cluster I have that has the hardware that hooks onto the shifter assembly. Once you get it out, you will see what is broken or missing. Shouldn't be too tough of a job. Let me know if you need any of these parts. You may be able to drop the steering column and not have to take the speedo cluster out if you can get to the two screws that hold the shifter indicator in.

View attachment 379367

View attachment 379368
Awesome thanks a ton! This should help quite a bit!

Back