65 Newport Window Rivet

65Newport

Reaction score
Looking for source for the rivet that attaches the window to the bracket as Chrysler calls it, or channel that raises and lowers window. The gasket I can make. Strange but there is no sign of one being in the bottom of the door. It looks like plastic in the other door. 2 door hard top.

I saw that and didn't know that would work. Glad you guys know what does what. Now for the stupid question, how does it install? I have the channel our and cleaned up. Don't mean to be a pain but this is all new to me and there isn't much info around for the C bodies. Didn't want to take more apart than necessary, appreciate all the help.

I saw that and didn't know that would work. Glad you guys know what does what. Now for the stupid question, how does it install? I have the channel our and cleaned up. Don't mean to be a pain but this is all new to me and there isn't much info around for the C bodies. Didn't want to take more apart than necessary, appreciate all the help.

You put the rivet through the hole and tap the plug in. The plug will spread the feet, fastening the glass.

Not to Me, I am just glad that you gave me that link and said it would work. I have spent too many hours looking for the part and would glady pay twice that, just to get it. The question I had was to I need to remove the regulator? Thanks again.

Great, I can handle that I think, I have completely restored a 65 mustang for the wife, restord 53 ford for me, but getting parts was easy, this Chrysler is tough, but I love it. Amazed at how well things are built.

Not to Me, I am just glad that you gave me that link and said it would work. I have spent too many hours looking for the part and would glady pay twice that, just to get it. The question I had was to I need to remove the regulator? Thanks again.

Is everything still installed? If so, you should be able to remove the door panel and install the rivet through the access hole in the inner door skin.

Great, I can handle that I think, I have completely restored a 65 mustang for the wife, restord 53 ford for me, but getting parts was easy, this Chrysler is tough, but I love it. Amazed at how well things are built.

Yup, parts are tough; lots of one year only stuff. Notably the tranny mount and left engine mount. There isn't much reproduction stuff out there for these cars.

Back