66 B Body seats in a 66 Fury?

Inspector71

Reaction score
I have about given up on the idea of 66 Sport Fury seats for my 66 Sport Fury. I was wondering, other than design, are 66 B Body seats dimensionally different from the Fury? I'm not talking about the tracks but the size of the seat themselves. I am exploring all my options. I may have to go with Procar by Skat. Thanks for the help.

I believe C-body seats are several inches wider than B-body seats.

I've heard that the b body's have same bucket's as c body's. The difference is the console width, and buddy seat width if it's not a console car. I may have heard wrong though.........

I have about given up on the idea of 66 Sport Fury seats for my 66 Sport Fury. I was wondering, other than design, are 66 B Body seats dimensionally different from the Fury? I'm not talking about the tracks but the size of the seat themselves. I am exploring all my options. I may have to go with Procar by Skat. Thanks for the help.

Not sure what Plymouth these seats are out of but they were in my 66 when I bought it. Luckily the original bench came along with it. The outside mounting bolts fit the original holes in the floor and they drilled the inner 2 holes closest to the hump. Fit seemed ok.
DSC02375.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

Thanks everyone. I have a console car. It was originally a Fury III but converted to a sport fury and has buckets from a late model Pontiac. When I saw pics of 66 Belvedere seats, I realized they looked similar. If not as wide they might not look right. 1Fury1, yhour seats don't look original but, they look great. I like them. I may end up going with low back vinyl buckets from Procar. Again. thanks for the replies. This will help.

My '71 Newport Custom has the threaded holes in the floor for buckets, even though it doesn't have buckets. So, I was wondering about B-body buckets possibly being a bolt-in. These days I would think B-body seats would probably be just as difficult to find and just as, if not more, expensive than C-body buckets. No one is repopping B-body seats, right? They just repop the upholstery and padding.

I had even considered the possibility of taking apart two front bench seats, cutting or sectioning the frames and making a pair of buckets. Probably doable, but I decided to just leave it alone.

What I need to to do is find out the specs, for width of B versus C buckets. If they are not that different, I can drill holes and mount the B Body tracks or the pro-car seats and make them work. As Wildaugust has explained, good luck finding the frames and all for B body seats. That was my next choice but now I see that they will be as hard to find as C's. Why does this have to be so hard? Oh well, I'll enjoy it more when I finally find the seats. I may have found a steering wheel/trim ring for my car. Yep, needed that too.

Apples and Oranges maybe, but away back when I swapped a 4 speed into my first 65 Polara I figured I also needed bucket seats in it. Having a 65 Dart GT in the trees at the time I just yanked the seats and put them in the Polara. Had to drill the inner mounting holes, and the car was a 4 door with no console, so no real way to judge the fit as there was gonna be an open spot in the middle, but they looked just fine in there and seemed like a full size seat, not a miniature sized one.
Mike

For gawdsakes, whatever you do, do not drill holes in the floor. Use C-body seat frames and adapt them to the seat or use the seat frames from the type of seats you're using and modify them to fit the C-body mounting holes.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Well, ya need 8 bolts to mount buckets and only 4 for a bench, so kinda hard to do without adding holes. Properly done I'd have added the underneath brace intended for use with the inner mounts, but very little I did back then was done with real engineering studies. The car was only on the road as a daily driver for another 120K miles, so the lack of proper support may have been an issue after it got some miles and wear on it or some real weathering unlike what we get up here in Minnesota. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances, and it worked for me at the time. That poor old Polara was a real hodge-podge with the engine/trans out of my totaled Road Runner, seats from an A body and a few other things here and there, but it served me well for a long time. It only went away when I got hold of the Polara 500 I still have cause I didn't have a place to keep it.

I once put a bench seat from a 68(?) Satellite in a 66 Valiant. It fit but the doors hit the seats on both sides and the arm rests were kind of in the way. We do what we have to do

We do what we have to do. The same will be true for any other car it looks like

I'm 99.99% sure that the '66 - '67 B-body buckets are the same seats as '65 - '66 C-body seats. The backs have a different design, and the upholstery patterns are different, but the physical size of the "B" and "C" buckets in those years is the same. Drill the four additional holes you'll need to accomodate the seat installation, and you should be good to go.

I've owned five '66 Furys and nearly 20 '66 - '67 B-body cars over the years, so I'm pretty sure I'm right in this.

Polara_500: You don't still have that Dart do you? I'm pretty good at climbing trees. Thanks for the heads up. I am thinking what you did is the way to go. I was mulling over grabbing some B body seats and putting them in but can't find them either. I found some non-factory ones that I can make fit and probably will go that way. Again, thank for the advice it will help.

Nah, that old Dart went to the graveyard a long, long time ago. I stole those seats from it in I think the fall of 74, just to give you an idea of the time frame. I think the Dart GT sail panel emblems are still hanging in the garage, but that's all that's left.
Mike

What I need to to do is find out the specs, for width of B versus C buckets. If they are not that different, I can drill holes and mount the B Body tracks or the pro-car seats and make them work. As Wildaugust has explained, good luck finding the frames and all for B body seats. That was my next choice but now I see that they will be as hard to find as C's. Why does this have to be so hard? Oh well, I'll enjoy it more when I finally find the seats. I may have found a steering wheel/trim ring for my car. Yep, needed that too.
Just removed 69 Sport Fury buckets from my 69 Fury III. The bolts in the tracks measure 11" from front to back and 16 1/2 " side to side. The front and back bolts hit dead center in the braces. Dont know if B body buckets are the same.

Back