66 Chrysler 300 'vert 440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stan, you're cracking me up! Both nice rides along with the black over silver 67, which I think is my favorite out of the 3.

You see F&F.
I see NASCAR from back in the day.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Yes, but mainly because they mostly don't look period correct and they're on a totally unaltered full size car. Just doesn't "feel right".

The "doesn't feel right" factor is definitely there as far as authenticity.
After all. a Newport NASCAR stocker???
But it's something stupid enough that I would do.

I see it in every car with that kind of stickers and I haven't even seen any of these movies. Some kind of trauma.

Thats because your not from here. If you grew up here and werein love with cars you think of Nascar/racecar

It's like us. We still think you handcraft BMW's one at a time in the secluded Bavarian forest tin knocking out fenders with a wooden mallet.

That sounds like the Mercedes Christmas/Santa Claus commercials that come on in December around here.

That sounds like the Mercedes Christmas/Santa Claus commercials that come on in December around here.
Can't wait for the annual Lexus Christmas Sale Event where all these wives are given a new white Lexus sitting in the McMansion's circular driveway with a red ribbon around them...

You have that too, huh? For awhile up here it was H1 and H2 Hummers, now it's the big Lexus and Infiniti SUVs.....and McMansions, I'm embarrassed to say south jersey may have cornered the market on those during the "boom" years.

You have that too, huh?
No. I was talking about their stupid commercials Lexus runs every Christmas.

lexus.jpg

Yah, right....

Guess I missed something in the translation, but looks like the same thing I have to endure right after thanksgiving unitl Jan the following year. Turns my stomach nonetheless.

It's like us. We still think you handcraft BMW's one at a time in the secluded Bavarian forest tin knocking out fenders with a wooden mallet.

I just don't seem to put it right lately :), don't get that period correct NASCAR feel with this example. Besides as already mentioned by Stan that they switched to intermediates by that time, I could see something of a replica with larger tires and wider stance, engine call out on the hood, numbers on doors, skirts removed etc. I did get a bit of NASCAR info from the late 70s on as there used to be occassional reports in my favorite German car mag, but the first hand experience is missing for sure.

Funny thing: We had stock car races as well in Germany, but that was what you call demolition derbys.
And some Bimmer models we get over here are exclusively manufactured in Spartanburg N:C. if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back