66 fury j code 440 4 speed wagon. numbers matching factory disc brakes and stuff.

That wagon has been around a number of years now. I can kind of remember when it first came up for sale.....Dusty and dirty. Then some guy bought it and put a little time into detailing it a bit...mostly the dash pieces I think. I haven't seen it for a few years....glad it's got a new home. Hope you bring this one back to it's former glory...a factory 440/4spd wagon is ultra Uber cool!!!

Now that you mentioned it, I now remember that car. Was kind of sad looking. Made you want to bring it home and go bankrupt bringing it back to life. Trigger was too light back then. Another one that almost went off. lol

couple more pics

100_0479.jpg100_0483.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0483.jpg

Lookin' good, do you have your own run stand?

yes, it was on ebay several times. You bought it from Tony in Bensalem PA

Carsten

yes plum crazy tony hemi was the guy i bought the wagon from. his description of the wagon was pretty much dead on. no disappointments. i paid 9400 bucks for it. [ ouch] but given the condition and rarity of this wagon i dont regret it one bit. it will be transformed into a beauty if i dont go bankrupt first.lol

Lookin' good, do you have your own run stand?
no i dont.a good friend of mine does engine rebuilds and performance machine work. he did all of the work and got the engine to this point for me. i have assembled a couple of smallblock 340 motors in the past for a couple of a bodies that i have that he had machined for me but i didn"t wanna gamble on this 440.

A run stand is in my future, it would have saved me some grief on my current rear main seal issue.

:yes_no:Seriously manual's rule
yes they do. i built a 35 plymouth 340 4 speed which i still own. when all my hot rod buddies were putting 350 chebbie automatics in their rides. YUCK. like cookie cutters. my favorite saying to all my hot rod buds is this. [ real hot rods have three pedals ] enough said.

yes they do. i built a 35 plymouth 340 4 speed which i still own. when all my hot rod buddies were putting 350 chebbie automatics in their rides. YUCK. like cookie cutters. my favorite saying to all my hot rod buds is this. [ real hot rods have three pedals ] enough said.

424416_10151183327736160_2054081805_n.jpg

Wow! You really only need an engine stand?
I would choose to NOT use an engine stand in that manner. I have a welder, a bunch of steel, a sacrificial big block bell housing, some extra radiators and a brain between my ears.

Back