66 Fury rear tire size

Welcome!

The widest tire that went under the wagons was 9.00x14 Convert to metric and that's your width. Widest 15" size was 8.45x15. Same conversion.

Then determine what rim diameter you want. Then the backspacing to make it work and clear.

Then use the "Search" function to look for the other threads asking the same question as you for '65-'68 Plymouth Furys.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

What is the widest 15" tire that i can fit on my 66 without relating the leaf springs?
Depends on what wheels and what offset the wheels have. I am running aftermarket 15x8 aftermarket wheels with a 5.5" backspacing (+27mm offset) and easily clear 255-60-15 tires that tuck completely in the fenderwell. There is enough room to go even wider or taller if wanted with my combination however I wanted to have staggered sizing with a 27" diameter. A more positive offset wheel will push closer to the leafsprings and more negative offset will push the assembly outward toward the fender lip. Hope that helps

I'm running 275/60s on a 15x8 wheel with 4.5" backspace with plenty of clearance, even with 2" lowering blocks in the rear. 15x10 wheels would probably be cutting it close.

I'm running 275/60s on a 15x8 wheel with 4.5" backspace with plenty of clearance, even with 2" lowering blocks in the rear. 15x10 wheels would probably be cutting it close.
15x10's would definitely be a no go if keeping it inside the fender well was the goal, plus that would require a wider tire to fit the wheel width

Do you have fenderskirts? The latches on those limit tire size a bit.
There's a huge thread on here called 'exactly what wheels and tires fit on C-bodies' or something like that. Browsing that might help.

I know that some people want "stance", which can mean a lower front end ride height and wide tires on the back, too. Nothing the matter with that, except the front end can bottom out quicker (due to the decreased wheel travel) and the wider rear tires might not work well in wet weather (due to more possibilities of hydroplaning or similar). IF you need more traction, save up for a SureGrip-type differential.

Some might disagree, but "stance" can be a money-waster as it does little to make the car ride and corner better, as a general rule. That extra money can be better-spent in other areas, seems to me.

Your money, your dreams, your car.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

What is the widest 15" tire that i can fit on my 66 without relating the leaf springs?
I’m running American Racing Torq-thrust D’s 15x7 all around. Cooper Cobra 215 65’s on the front and 255 70’s on the back. It’s every inch I could get without rubbing. Can’t remember the back spacing in those wheels but you can look it up and I’m thinking sidewall to sidewall on rear tires is 10-1/2” but you can look that up as well on Cooper website. I did all the homework before I spent the money to determine the biggest I could fit. Good luck! Post pics!!

Back