'67 Fury III brake shoes?

Furyus67

Reaction score
I am looking for '67 Fury III brake shoes. I ordered a set but they were 3 Inches wide. The ones I need seem to be 2 3/4 inches wide. Does anyone know where I could find stock brake shoes?

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for '67 Fury III brake shoes. I ordered a set but they were 3 Inches wide. The ones I need seem to be 2 3/4 inches wide. Does anyone know where I could find stock brake shoes?
QUOTE]
You got front linings...... You should be able to get them at any parts stor.... 11" x 2 1/5".
Rockauto.com has them...and anything else you need, (w/cyl's, spring kits, adj kits, etc). You'll have to pay shipping costs though.

I just looked on RockAuto and they do actually show a 11" x 2.75" option.

Does anyone else know about 2.75" shoes? Seems like everyone has 2.5"

I just looked on RockAuto and they do actually show a 11" x 2.75" option.

Does anyone else know about 2.75" shoes? Seems like everyone has 2.5"

The Chrysler factory shop manual shows 2 3/4" shoes for the front on Newports and 3" on NY and 300
Rears on all are 2 1/2"

I imagine there are similar specs in the Plymouth manual.

The 67 fury has oddball rear drums. they will be 2.5 inch and are hard to get hold of. I got mine re-bonded (extra lining material added to make them new again). But when I found that the drums were oversize, I converted to the 2 3/4 rear set up. It is very easy to convert, you just need the backing plates, pins, springs, shoes and e-brake cables, very easy job.
I asked on a forum, and a helpful member gave me a set of 2 3/4 brakes for free, all I had to do was pay postage. Thanks thrashing cows, (if you are still around this forum)

Sorry for the last post, I may not have all the details correct. What I do know for sure is that my 67 fury had strange size drums on the rear, and it was not easy to get new drums, as mine were worn out.It may have been the last owner put the wrong parts on. I ended up changing the rear drum setup, to a setup off a later model car (I think a 68 or 69)
again, please disregard my last post, sorry for any confusion

Back