67 fury vert on ebay

Moparmat2000

Reaction score
Found a 67 fury vert on ebay, looked pretty solid but has a slant sux in it. Cant imagine this combo would be a barn burner or anything but a slug. I know most of this stuff came with at least a 318 minimum. Did chrysler do the subframes on C bodies the way they did em on A,B, E body cars where they were different for each engine family? I had to take a slant sux K frame in my barracuda and convert it to V8 mounts. This is a pretty solid nice car for a connie, but the slant sux and slushbox kills it. Slanty looks like its out of a later year car by the emissions device on the VC and air cleaner.

Was that stock , or did somebody stick it in there? I'd imagine a 383 would have been a standard engine in one of these. A slant sux would have made an interesting though way underpowered special order.

This car would require an awful lot of detective work. The stub frame is different between six and eight cylinder cars, if it came with an eight cylinder, why is a six in it now. I would need a picture of the V.I.N. plate, and a picture of the fender tag.

The six in that car has EGR valve like from a mid seventies six. Posted VIN from the eBay listing shows it was a 318. Its relatively easy to drop a 318 into just about anything that had slant six without changing the K frame, so going the opposite would likely be just as easy. Or, perhaps someone once had access to a 67 Fury I with a factory six and swapped the stub out. A scenario easily imagined is a Fury III vert damaged from a front collision being backyard repaired by swapping the six stuff from a Fury I. Likely going to be one of those forever mysteries unless one asks the owner on eBay. Likely, he might not know. Still a late model 225 there though.

I tried to ask a question: this is what I got...

Find answers from frostydog0_0

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Back