67 Monaco 500 pinstripe

Rodan

Reaction score
Looking at my broadcast sheet. In the upper right hand corner under box 31 it says STP which I believe to be stripe? In that box is what looks like a 3? Car is PP1 with a black vinyl top. The TOP box is marked 6 which I'll assume is black. What color is 3 for this stripe? And was this a tape stripe or were they painted on? Is there any documentation for the size/shape and exact placement of these stripes? Thank you!
6B55444A-9D44-4B1E-AFD8-1FEA5F47E908.jpeg

Looking at my broadcast sheet. In the upper right hand corner under box 31 it says STP which I believe to be stripe? In that box is what looks like a 3? Car is PP1 with a black vinyl top. The TOP box is marked 6 which I'll assume is black. What color is 3 for this stripe? And was this a tape stripe or were they painted on? Is there any documentation for the size/shape and exact placement of these stripes? Thank you! View attachment 577410

I don’t know what the various numeric codes mean, but it looks more like the number 8 in box 31, not a 3.

I don’t know what the various numeric codes mean, but it’s a number 8 in box 31, not a 3.
318 stripe delete

Or

31B Black accent stripe.

I think it's an 8. Picture of the fender tag?

Looking at the other 3's on the sheet I think you guys are right. It's either an 8 or maybe a B. I have attached pic of fender tag.
4A199BB9-57B6-4126-9805-541B807ABDE0.jpeg

Looking at the tag now i see "B" under the s. Black stripe I'm assuming. Now, I am just in need of some info on the exact size and placement. I have found a few pics of cars online that have what look like a thin, dual pinstripe following the upper body line. No real close ups though to get a feel for the spacing between the stripes.

Looking at the tag now i see "B" under the s. Black stripe I'm assuming. Now, I am just in need of some info on the exact size and placement. I have found a few pics of cars online that have what look like a thin, dual pinstripe following the upper body line. No real close ups though to get a feel for the spacing between the stripes.
Here's a rough decode of your fender tag.

Screenshot_20230121-075603~2.png

Possibly something in the Library Color and Trim Guide for your car at www.hamtramck-historical.com? Pinstripe combinations with colors and such, usually in a chart, very possibly with the codes? Even "rough placement" illustrations?

In the past, Ehrenberg has put some factory stripe/decal placement illustrations in some of this magazine articles, but usually for A/B/E-bodies only. That information existed on the assy line, but like Assembly Manuals, most of it never left the assy plant . . . except in a dumpster when the new models came out.

Painted stripes from the factory, IF factory-installed. As the paint of the stripe ages and deteriorates, you can see the brush marks, usually.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Production traditionally for the model year typically ran from August through mid July so November 66 would be around mid ‘67 model year.

www.eatondetroitspring.com has factory brochures you can download. Rather than use the model menu on the front page of the website, go to the "Find Parts for Your Car" link in the top menu. Once you get the vehicle description put in, on the far-right part of that line, with be a "Link" button with the OEM logo there, click on THAT and the brochure will load for viewing. Quite neat!

IF you use that model menu on the front page, once you click on the appropriate model year, the next click with show "Loading", which just hangs there. Using the other method, mentioned above, works it should.

CBODY67

Back