'67 New Yorker Ideas

Welcome, Nice ride !! Me I love the patina , rarely is it seen with out rot in this region . That car has got a lot of potential, good luck with it! And please do "individualize" it! Just try to make it as reversible as you can !View attachment 76076
It pays to buy Western cars and ship them back to the Midwest, that's for damn sure

If it was a four door then yeah, do the hubcaps and whitewalls.
On my two door, I prefer American Racing wheels with black wall tires.
1967_New_Yorker.jpg

On my two door, I prefer American Racing wheels with black wall tires. View attachment 76340
On my two door, I prefer American Racing wheels with black wall tires. View attachment 76340
When I bought the car it had a set of American Racing wheels. Outlaw II's I think. I've got them on my daily driver right now.('84 Fifth Avenue). I might throw them and some bigger tires back on for now

I pass you everyday going east on 142 around 2:15 in the afternoon. I will wave, white construction van.

Here's my New Yorker if it helps at all.. completely original.. just lowered 3 inches front and rear
I really like that color, if and when I repaint mine, I want to do mine in its original blue or that white. Love it

Here's my New Yorker if it helps at all.. completely original.. just lowered 3 inches front and rear
I'm jealous of your ride height sir!! If I was in Cali or AZ I wouldn't even worry about bagging mine. Alas.... Michigan roads dictate how low I can go! Here's mine 2" of drop! Not low enough!!!
image.jpeg

The hubcaps on mine are original as far as I know.. everything else on the car is original so I can only assume.. and @furyus 67 your ride is clean man! Yeah even these Cali roads are pretty bad at times Haha gotta be careful over train tracks driveways speed bumps and swerve around potholes as much as possible but thats the price I gotta pay I guess Haha I'd still want it another inch lower but it wouldn't be practical at all.. wouldn't even get out of my driveway

I'm jealous of your ride height sir!! If I was in Cali or AZ I wouldn't even worry about bagging mine. Alas.... Michigan roads dictate how low I can go! Here's mine 2" of drop! Not low enough!!!View attachment 76951
Man, i am Tired of waiting. Will you please Get those 18 Steelies for that thing??? I can just imagine how sweet she will look.

Man, i am Tired of waiting. Will you please Get those 18 Steelies for that thing??? I can just imagine how sweet she will look.
Sure will, just send me a check for about 1500 and I'll personally drive down there and get them. Then I'll drive down to PA to show you !;)

im gonna go ahead and go against the grain here a little bit and say... DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING TO IT BUD!!!!!!!!! mild, WILD, WeIrD, whatever floats your boat man!

no matter what you modify or restore on your car, someone on here (myself included lol! ;) will have an opinion on the subject be it one of approval or disapproval. in the end, as long as YOU like it then thats all that matters.

just to give you a little perspective, im gonna do quite a few things to my '66 Newport that would be definite "no-nos" from a purists point of view.

Body:
- switch my Newport grill/headlight setup over to a '67 New Yorker setup
- shave my door handles off but still retain the door chrome by installing a shortened 1/4 panel chrome strip
- shave the trunk lock off
- fix all the dings and repaint it the factory color (pale yellow)

Drivetrain:
-ditch the points ignition
- take off the intake and run a set of sonoramic long rams and multiport efi
- full exhaust (headers, xpipe, quiet-ish mufflers)
- take off and save the 727 as a spare for my 440 Duster
- install an A518 OD tranny with a shift kit and manual valve body
- upgrade to a 3.23 Truetrac
- beef up the suspension for better handling (slightly stiffer tbars, more aggressive shocks, sway bars, etc)
- take off (and save) my original 15" "Disc Brake" hubcaps and throw on some chrome 15x7 magnums (yes, FORD wheels lol!)

Interior:
100% stock!

basically i want my Newport to look clean and sleek with the mods being either not being noticed at all or not until on the 2nd or 3rd look.

so ill say it again, do whatever you feel like doing to your ride... be it a day 1 resto or something completely on the other end of the spectrum. you'll be a lot happier with your car that way imo.

good luck!!!!

im gonna go ahead and go against the grain here a little bit and say... DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE DOING TO IT BUD!!!!!!!!! mild, WILD, WeIrD, whatever floats your boat man!

no matter what you modify or restore on your car, someone on here (myself included lol! ;) will have an opinion on the subject be it one of approval or disapproval. in the end, as long as YOU like it then thats all that matters.

just to give you a little perspective, im gonna do quite a few things to my '66 Newport that would be definite "no-nos" from a purists point of view.

Body:
- switch my Newport grill/headlight setup over to a '67 New Yorker setup
- shave my door handles off but still retain the door chrome by installing a shortened 1/4 panel chrome strip
- shave the trunk lock off
- fix all the dings and repaint it the factory color (pale yellow)

Drivetrain:
-ditch the points ignition
- take off the intake and run a set of sonoramic long rams and multiport efi
- full exhaust (headers, xpipe, quiet-ish mufflers)
- take off and save the 727 as a spare for my 440 Duster
- install an A518 OD tranny with a shift kit and manual valve body
- upgrade to a 3.23 Truetrac
- beef up the suspension for better handling (slightly stiffer tbars, more aggressive shocks, sway bars, etc)
- take off (and save) my original 15" "Disc Brake" hubcaps and throw on some chrome 15x7 magnums (yes, FORD wheels lol!)

Interior:
100% stock!

basically i want my Newport to look clean and sleek with the mods being either not being noticed at all or not until on the 2nd or 3rd look.

so ill say it again, do whatever you feel like doing to your ride... be it a day 1 resto or something completely on the other end of the spectrum. you'll be a lot happier with your car that way imo.

good luck!!!!
THANKS, and good luck to you!

Here is mine lowered 3 inches on 15" road wheels. They will be getting swapped out for either 18's or 20's when I do the air ride.

image.jpeg

Back