67 Polara 500 convertible

Thanks a lot, Wil. The last exhaust system I ordered and installed on my '66 300 convertible came from Waldron's. I waited more than eight weeks for it. . . I'm hoping TTI has a shorter lead-time.

I bought a tti system for jezebelle and it came pretty quickly. About a week as I remember. I order directly from tti. Cheaper than Mancini's. You will need the casting numbers off your manifolds, (if using manifolds), Also they like to know if you have an automatic, power steering, OEM or aftermarket starter, and if you have an existing OEM right tailpipe hanger or not.
The turn down tips were included in the catalog price.

Last edited:
I asked the guy at Mancini's if the turn down tips were included in their price, (which was more than tti's price), and he didn't know what I was talking about then told me they were not available.

I asked the guy at Mancini's if the turn down tips were included in their price, (which was more than tti's price), and he didn't know what I was talking about then told me they were not available.

Doncha just hate it when someone who doesn't know anything about your question gives you a BS answer?

Very nice! Cleaning and caring for it will be a great thing. Very therapeutic. Looks like that was a chevy underneath. Maybe your car dripped on it.

I put a 2.5 inch tti system under my Sport Fury a couple years back and it was shipped immediately, was easy to install, and I think it now sounds great. I know tti is not the only game in town, but they had the system I needed in stock and ready for immediate shipment while the other company I was talking to was taking orders but did not know how long it would be before they produced the system I ordered. This company does not keep C body systems in stock and they wait until they have a certain number of orders before they make them, so it might have been a month or it might have been six months. The unknown wait time sealed the deal for me and I am very happy with my tti system.

I received a package of parts for my Polara from a seller in California who claims he has a good stash of NOS C body stuff for 67's. One item, a washer bottle, part number2497580, appears to be new or NOS. On one end is AATK, the part number and MS-DB-24 cast into the bottle. It's listed as 65/66 C body application.
Any insite as to NOS or reproduction?

DSC04834.JPG
DSC04835.JPG

Last edited:
I think they went to the pump in the bottle in 67, the 65/6's had the remote pump. Otherwise very similar in appearance. Sorry I can't be more exact but I never paid much attention to the newer cars.

I got some great parts in the deal. My car was missing one rear interior light lens, yeah... go find one of them for a 67 Polara convertible. In the box was two complete NOS assembly's with lenses. NOS front park light and B/U light lenses with gaskets, some NOS and used dash switch's. A perfect steering wheel, two NOS owners manuals with folders and several other very cool items. Like Xmas in June. More coming soon.

I got some great parts in the deal. My car was missing one rear interior light lens, yeah... go find one of them for a 67 Polara convertible. In the box was two complete NOS assembly's with lenses. NOS front park light and B/U light lenses with gaskets, some NOS and used dash switch's. A perfect steering wheel, two NOS owners manuals with folders and several other very cool items. Like Xmas in June. More coming soon.

Lucky you!

That horseshoe in yer arse is still working. . .

I think they went to the pump in the bottle in 67, the 65/6's had the remote pump. Otherwise very similar in appearance. Sorry I can't be more exact but I never paid much attention to the newer cars.

Pump bottle is for an earlier (1966) with the remote pump. Having ordered the 67 bottle by mistake...:BangHead:

I need a washer bottle too! :lol:

I made some good progress this past week. Front brakes done, new brake hoses and flushed the steel lines. New spring shackles, fuel system and gage working now. Trunk hinge's fixed. Rear bumper and grille cleaned up.
Some pictures......

DSC04838.JPG
DSC04839.JPG
DSC04841.JPG
DSC04844.JPG
DSC04842.JPG
DSC04843.JPG

Back