68 440 4 speed rear end?

The DANA 53 has been around for awhile,...just not too many people know about them.

H/D, C body application. e.g. 440 HP and 4-speed manual transmission usually got the DANA 53 package.

They are fairly rare,...if you find one, snap it up!!!!!!
I definately will..now that I know. But from the limited info I've read of the internet parts are hard to find and usually a Dana 44 and or Dana 70 are easier to service based on parts availability. I guess if you had an orginal 440 4 spd C body then you may opt to keep one.

I tried to find out a HP rating for them, no luck, wonder how strong they are compared to an 8 3/4?[/QUOTE]
No idea honestly, but I'd venture to say it would be a much better set up with an 8 3/4 considering ease of maintenance and parts.

I definately will..now that I know. But from the limited info I've read of the internet parts are hard to find and usually a Dana 44 and or Dana 70 are easier to service based on parts availability. I guess if you had an orginal 440 4 spd C body then you may opt to keep one.

I'll take a photo of one tomorrow for you guys.

Rear Axle, Dana 41, 44, 53, 23, and 27 - Diagram
Look!! I can google!:lol: You will find more information on the Dana 53 on jeep/willys web sights. I'm not sure if there are differences in the r/p or not but I'd bet the axles themselves would be different as I've never seen a c body sized Willys. At this point I'd say I know more about jeeps than c's and I've never heard of a 53.

Yes.

d0d71_ORIG-bubble.gif
This whole thread just went to "who gives a **** anymore" after that. I'd trade my Fury for it. I don't even care no more!

Back