68 440 4 speed rear end?

image.jpg

That's a 7 1/4

Close. The 9 1/4 has 12 bolts and the Dana 60 has 10. But the illustration is correct on appearance.

it is hard to tell in a picture. However, a 7 1/4 is really Dinky, and the 8 1/4 access cover is round. The old 9 1/4 looks really similar to the 56 Plymouth rear end I have. Shape wise.Regarding the 74-79 Cordoba 9 1/4 rear, I had one in my 70' Challenger, and it fit perfectly. (Not original of course)

That picture is from the 68 fury 440 4 speed. The 7 1/4 looks alot like it but there is no way they would of installed it in a BB Car.

65Fury440 nailed it EXACTLY. Thank you

Here is the final word. You are warned NOT to argue with us on this.
It is a Dana 53 9¼ NOT to be confused the the 73½+ corporate 9¼.
Also, in the repair manual, the Dana 60 is incorrectly shown when referring to the Dana 53.
End of discussion. Everyone can go home now.

did fury's come with DANA rear ends???? | Moparts Question and Answer | Moparts Forums

Forums / Mopar Related / Question on 67 300 - C-Body DryDock

Better Gearing - Dodge Ram, Ramcharger, Cummins, Jeep, Durango, Power Wagon, Trailduster, all Mopar Truck & SUV Owners. Dodgeram

Last edited:
65Fury440 nailed it EXACTLY. Thank you

Here is the final word. You are warned NOT to argue with us on this.
It is a Dana 53 9¼ NOT to be confused the the 73½+ corporate 9¼.
Also, in the repair manual, the Dana 60 is incorrectly shown when referring to the Dana 53.
End of discussion. Everyone can go home now.
you are the greatest commando. I love going home. well now that I think about it?

First time I've heard of such an animal. I'm going home to do some readin up on dis here subject..Thanks for the tip!

Back