68 440 4 speed rear end?

65Fury440 nailed it EXACTLY. Thank you

Here is the final word. You are warned NOT to argue with us on this.
It is a Dana 53 9¼ NOT to be confused the the 73½+ corporate 9¼.
Also, in the repair manual, the Dana 60 is incorrectly shown when referring to the Dana 53.
End of discussion. Everyone can go home now.

did fury's come with DANA rear ends???? | Moparts Question and Answer | Moparts Forums

Forums / Mopar Related / Question on 67 300 - C-Body DryDock

Better Gearing - Dodge Ram, Ramcharger, Cummins, Jeep, Durango, Power Wagon, Trailduster, all Mopar Truck & SUV Owners. Dodgeram
Who's arguing, I think we already came to that conclusion with the manual post.

image.jpg
65Fury440 nailed it EXACTLY. Thank you

Here is the final word. You are warned NOT to argue with us on this.
It is a Dana 53 9¼ NOT to be confused the the 73½+ corporate 9¼.
Also, in the repair manual, the Dana 60 is incorrectly shown when referring to the Dana 53.
End of discussion. Everyone can go home now.

did fury's come with DANA rear ends???? | Moparts Question and Answer | Moparts Forums

Forums / Mopar Related / Question on 67 300 - C-Body DryDock

Better Gearing - Dodge Ram, Ramcharger, Cummins, Jeep, Durango, Power Wagon, Trailduster, all Mopar Truck & SUV Owners. Dodgeram
And I can't see a repair manual, Im not sure where that's posted its not showing up. I'm referring to this chart

The two Differentials are different, and the Dana 53 is seen in many a Jeep.Think of it as the Poly head 318 VS the LA 318. The 68' is correct as in the picture. The 9 1/4 in the 75'- 79 Chrysler Formal/Cordoba is the Corporate style.

Wow never knew we could drop GIFs here, Stan is pretty tech savvy for an ol........for a man of a certain age.:poke:

First time I've heard of such an animal. I'm going home to do some readin up on dis here subject..Thanks for the tip!

The DANA 53 has been around for awhile,...just not too many people know about them.

H/D, C body application. e.g. 440 HP and 4-speed manual transmission usually got the DANA 53 package.

They are fairly rare,...if you find one, snap it up!!!!!!

H/D, C body application. e.g. 440 HP and 4-speed manual transmission usually got the DANA 53 package.

They are fairly rare,...if you find one, snap it up!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I tried to find out a HP rating for them, no luck, wonder how strong they are compared to an 8 3/4?

Back