'68 - '69 C-Body/B-Body Bucket Seats - Legendary Auto Interiors

:laughing4:

Ha!

I bought a vinyl tonneau cover for my Dakota. She said, "You're spending money on our cars." I said, "Yes, but the one I want to spend would be for the Newport interior. So....?"

Still no response.

I went through some of this stuff doing the seats in my Windsor. What I found was that the Hobby Lobby generic foam isn't what you want for your seat bases.

Here's some info on different foams. I ended up using a medium firm for the base and the Hobby Lobby (a lot cheaper) for the back.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/buyersguide_foam.asp

I think I've run across the PGClassic seat foams in the past, but I had a hard time wrapping my mind around the same foam working for A, B, and C-body seats...
1840-ST68 Mopar 1968-69 A,B,C-body Seat Foams
1840-st68__53216.1418350955.1280.1280.jpg

If they are in fact the same, that would be great, and would also contradict everything I've heard to date. I'm about to start in on redoing the seats in my 68 Sport Fury with the Legendary/Dante's covers I got years ago, so I figured I'd better ask if anyone has used these products before buying a bunch of bulk foam to start sculpting with the turkey knife...

Household upholstery foam is not what you want in your car seat. A good trim shop can supply the correct stuff, And offer good advise. Hog rings and plyers are available online, cheap.
Rear seats are pretty easy to put together, fronts ..... different story. I would recommend a trim shop. Unless your experienced your gonna have a tough time getting it right.
If your in or near a big city you can probably find a local foam supplier and save a few bucks. I bought foam that was a little more dense then original and it paid off in comfort

If I end up going the bulk foam route, l'll be sourcing it through a local trim shop for the good stuff. Lady behind the counter had a survivor 69 Sport Fury convertible, too.

If the PG. foams will work, I'll bite the bullet and go that route.

Thanks,
Clair

Back