68 Chrysler 300 quarter window question

demonhead

Reaction score
does anyone know if the quarter window leading chrome support for a 68 300 HT is the same as that for a convertible? This is the trim that connects to the assembly on the bottom to help support the window (that is glued into the channel of course). The chrome trim also houses the weatherstrip seal. I am needing the leading edge trim for my 300 convertible (have the window). I can find the 68 HT window and trim but not a convertible. I know the windows are different but are the front curvature and height the same? Thanks for your help

Pictures to make sure we are referencing the right parts? I am not getting a clear picture in my head.
Also can check the P/N’s to see if they are the same. Helpful to know what other applications may work.
Part manuals free download.
MyMopar.com.
MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Parts & Accessories Books
this is a great site. thanks for forwarding. I am looking at the channel for the rear quarter window. according to the part numbers on this site, channel part 23-09-51 fits all c bodies from 66-68, 4 dr, 2 dr , and convertibles. excellent information and thanks!

this is a great site. thanks for forwarding. I am looking at the channel for the rear quarter window. according to the part numbers on this site, channel part 23-09-51 fits all c bodies from 66-68, 4 dr, 2 dr , and convertibles. excellent information and thanks!
One word of caution if you are not familiar with Mopar parts books. The 23-09-51 number in the pictorial is usually the same for all models and many years. It means the actual part number for the piece is in section 23 (body) -09 (think as chapter) -51 (item). So If I go to the application section and look up 23-09-51, It shows channel, frt door glass rear run. In which the p/n are not the same between 2 dr and 4 door. Unless you accidentally mis typed the illustration number.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If this is the piece you are referring to, there is no separate p/n called out and was part of the complete glass. However, fitment should be the same at least on all
Dodge & Chrysler 2-dr ht 67 & 68. And Plymouth 2 dr Fastop.
image.jpg

Back