68 fury fasttop

After getting done with the first round of degreaser, I found something a little odd.

Not sure what is going on with the steering coupler, but it looks like it was welded at some point.

This car has a ton of issues because of ghetto repairs and mods.

It might take awhile to reverse the clock and get back to a decent condition

20181128_154939.jpg

I've never mastered welding even though I've taken courses ad have certificates to hang on the wall, but after looking at that steering coupler and that exhaust abortion, maybe I am a welder after all!
:rofl:

After getting done with the first round of degreaser, I found something a little odd.

Not sure what is going on with the steering coupler, but it looks like it was welded at some point.

View attachment 233262
Holy balls, how the hell does that work?

Holy balls, how the hell does that work?
Strange thing is that it steers fine. I have been driving the car on private farm land and I didn't notice anything off by driving it but now that I decreased it, I don't get why they would have done that at all.

Strange thing is that it steers fine. I have been driving the car on private farm land and I didn't notice anything off by driving it but now that I decreased it, I don't get why they would have done that at all.

The magic of other people’s logic. Seen it many times. Glad you can still steer through it!

Regardless, I'd never trust that on the road... :wtf:

This car is lucky to have found you... most would have given up on her. :thankyou:

BTW @C Body Bob is first rate... I kinda wish he found more Formals... but I think he wishes I'd just get myself up to NC to pick what I've bought already:rolleyes: :thankyou:Bob

View attachment 233262
Not often I return to a picture the day after but ... having given up on figuring out why one would do this I started thinking about how it could possibly work at all and then got worried. The only ways that wheel would still turn through is either the snot is not connected to the coupling or something else in the column is loose, otherwise it would bind and a full turn couldn't happen...

Just something to keep in mind before getting too adventurous. I'd put this issue somewhere at the top of the list.

Regardless, I'd never trust that on the road... :wtf:

This car is lucky to have found you... most would have given up on her. :thankyou:

BTW @C Body Bob is first rate... I kinda wish he found more Formals... but I think he wishes I'd just get myself up to NC to pick what I've bought already:rolleyes: :thankyou:Bob
Haha. I got formal parts. Stored & some Imperial stuff. It’s all buried. I’m working my way to it. Yes I need to get your stuff to you soon.

Haha. I got formal parts. Stored & some Imperial stuff. It’s all buried. I’m working my way to it. Yes I need to get your stuff to you soon.
I'd like to come up in December... and a BIG THANK YOU.

Back