For Sale '69 440 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 2-69 dated 440 engine that had a complete build done in 2000, and never seen the inside of an engine bay since! It is about 90% complete. I'll go through what's been done to it and what is NOT included in this deal below.

The engine is a 1969 440 with .040" overbore, steel crank .010/.010, new Mopar Performance .284/.484 Purple Shaft hyd cam & lifters, 903 heads with Hemi valve springs & new valves, seats and seals. New slugs and rings. All-new gaskets. Cloyes timing set. MP windage tray. New Melling oil pump. New core plugs. All-new cam and crank bearings. Choice of "B" body, "C"-body, or truck oil pans. Factory steel valve covers. Electronic distributor. Cast 1970 4-bbl intake. Factory harmonic balancer. For what is listed, I'm needing $2K for this 440, no cheaper. If you've priced at all, you know what machine work costs!

What is NOT included? Air cleaner, carb, linkage, brackets, pulleys, exhaust manifolds, water pump & housing, fuel lines, engine mounts, dipstick and tube, and whatever else not listed above.

This week, I pulled the engine apart to see if everything was good in it - I did not build it, and the engine has sat on a stand for 16 years, so the prudent thing was to perform a teardown to verify parts, clearances, etc. The guy that sold it to me in 2000 was not lying at all about this beast!

For additional money, I'd consider selling the 1970 440 Magnum exhaust manifolds, an Edlebrock CH4B aluminum intake w/Chrysler P/N 2836150 stamped on it, dual-snorkel air cleaner for '69 - '70, aluminum finned Mopar Performance valve covers, and a couple of other bits. I will NOT sell these before the engine sells! If it sells minus these bits, I'll post them later!

I also have a '73 440 bare block, standard bore, with choice of heads, cast 4-bbl intakes, and a set of rods, along with a steel 440 crank and balancer. $650.00 buys all that. No other parts go along with this deal.

I'd prefer NOT shipping any of this! Crating and shipping is such a PITA with objects this heavy! So, with the price of fuel what it is, a road trip by the buyer would probably be the easiest way to do things. I know this automatically limits my potential buyer pool, but I really do NOT want to crate any of this. Engines are inside my shop in OKC, OK. Right in the middle of the country, you can't miss it. You need a 440, and you need a road trip. PM me here for more info.

Patrick

The local CL is so full of whack-jobs! Plus, my engines are in my shop...and NO ONE goes in my shop except family and the most trusted of friends. I trust nobody when it comes to my shop. I'm about 80% sure a CL buyer of another part last Summer saw my car hauler (it was out front behind my truck then) and stole that damn thing. So, a local CL ad is unlikely.

Patrick if you put the engine on a pallet and work with fastenal you could probably ship most places in the CONUS for about $150 and maybe less. It's not hard. You have to contact the regional fastenal distributor to set things up. I've done this and just delivered and put on one of their pallets if you don't have one.

Look who joined us this morning! So you're still alive. Good.
First Gary and now you.
It must be reunion week...

I don't know that it's getting stuffy but it's nice to see you posting Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back