69 Chrysler dealer album

"When you do, people want stupid prices for one."

That's about 2X what they should go for. Most of that era Chrylser books can be had for $10-25.

Sometimes....... If your lucky.... In the right place at the right time.... I bought a 48 Packard for $85.00 once and drove it home.

These are avaliable now and seem to be nice examples.....

Surprisngly, the 76 Chrysler data book IS a little hard to find. When you do, people want stupid prices for one.
That's one of the two books I need to find to finish off the 70's grid on HH.

Want a Color and trim book?

Pocket sceretary is scanned. I need to clean up the pictures a little and forward for posting. THANKS!

Doug, was a pocket secretary available for 1978?

Surprisngly, the 76 Chrysler data book IS a little hard to find. When you do, people want stupid prices for one.
That's one of the two books I need to find to finish off the 70's grid on HH.

You now have one to scan.

Want a Color and trim book?

Got one.

Pocket sceretary is scanned. I need to clean up the pictures a little and forward for posting. THANKS!

Glad to help.

Doug, was a pocket secretary available for 1978?

I don't know for sure but it would seem like a fairly common sales item. I would think it would be renewed year to year. Items like that were meant to be tossed so finding good copies is difficult.

Stan, here's another one.
Thanks, Bob. Yes. I saw that one, too. The other one had free shipping so I went with that one.
Truthfully, I don't think 50 bucks shipped was outrageously high. I truly want to collect every available documentation on 1976 New Yorkers. It's my hobby. I don't play golf.

The color & trim selectors seem to be
more common then the Data books.

I'm always seeing them pop up. I got mine back when for 30 bucks for one like new so I'm happy with the price.
I'm pretty certain I have every factory literature published for 76 Chryslers now along with most trade reference books like Hollandars, etc...

< Sent from my tablet >

Absolutely NO one has for a '76 Chrysler.

Besides my set, there's these. (Which are NOT mine).

[h=4]1976 Chrysler Showroom Models Features Data Album 76[/h]

s.gif

Watch this item

Time left: 25d 1h left4/19, 4PM $39.00
Buy It Now

[h=4]1976 CHRYSLER CORDOBA NEW YORKER DEALER ALBUM UPHOLSTERY COLOR TRIM BOOK 76[/h]

s.gif

Watch this item

Time left: 17d left4/11, 3PM $49.99
Buy It Now

I don't know for sure but it would seem like a fairly common sales item. I would think it would be renewed year to year. Items like that were meant to be tossed so finding good copies is difficult.

Believe it or not, whether or not something like that was done was a matter of both budget and who was running the show at Chrysler. Somebody, for several years, thought they were a good idea, and then they more or less disappeared. All of this stuff was done through the ad agency and "How much can we charge?" was always foremost in their minds. If you've ever seen the data books from 1979/1980/1981, you'll appreciate the marked decline in the quality, hence co$t, to produce them.

I think it's been close to five years now that they've stopped producing data books and colour & trim books at all. Maintaining a server the dealers can log into (and get charged for) is a whole lot cheaper.

Thanks, Bob. Yes. I saw that one, too. The other one had free shipping so I went with that one.
Truthfully, I don't think 50 bucks shipped was outrageously high. I truly want to collect every available documentation on 1976 New Yorkers. It's my hobby. I don't play golf.

EVERYTHING? Do you have the super8 films? The dealer showroom stuff?

Back