69' Fury 2dr resto

Fromaster

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have a beautiful 69 Fury 3 2dr convertible.... with some minor rear driver quarter panel damage...LOL

anyways i finally got myself a garage to work on my project, im wondering if you guys can tell me the best way to go about fixing this? I am a industrial tank welder by trade, but ive never done auto-body welding. I believe my 2 options are to try to pound it all out, or just cut & weld in a new goodmark fender. With the amount of damage I would think it would be "eaiser & less time consuming" to just cut & weld, maybe thats just welder mentality.

Let me know what you think, thanks for taking the time to read, ill get some better pics when I find out how to remove the damn bumper

Cheers, Pat

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Unfortunately nobody reproduces body panels for these cars, you're going to have to either fix what you have or hand fab your own panel.
you should be able to find a replacement quarter extension easy enough though, the end there is a seperate piece that bolts on.

Hey gang,

I have a beautiful 69 Fury 3 2dr convertible.... with some minor rear driver quarter panel damage...LOL

anyways i finally got myself a garage to work on my project, im wondering if you guys can tell me the best way to go about fixing this? I am a industrial tank welder by trade, but ive never done auto-body welding. I believe my 2 options are to try to pound it all out, or just cut & weld in a new goodmark fender. With the amount of damage I would think it would be "eaiser & less time consuming" to just cut & weld, maybe thats just welder mentality.

Let me know what you think, thanks for taking the time to read, ill get some better pics when I find out how to remove the damn bumper

Cheers, Pat

The way that quarter panel is crumpled, I'd say you're going to need a pull on it to get it and the tail lamp panel back into place (as well as the trunk floor). Once you've done that, the rest should bang out fairly easily. And as Matt said, the cap is held on with speed nuts, so it's an easy swap.

goodmark quarter is no good. you are going to need to reverse the damage. my suggestion is to weld tabs in the area of the quarter where the corner of the tail light is broken and pull back on it. keep in mind that it is a thick area and will be tough to pull. metal has a good memory so i would put tension on it and tap the creases lightly with a hammer. repeat until it is where it belongs length wise and see where you stand then. any more pictures of the car?

Welcome. When you remove that rear bumper, it has kind of a hard to see nut inside the trunk in the corner. Good luck!

Welcome and cool car! There is a member, cbodybob, who has a nice 69 Fury with a decent looking LR corner. Maybe contact him about a replacement cutout. Also, bumper looks good, is it OK?

Welcome, these guy's give some good advice so you have come to the right place

Good luck with your build! Will be a nice car when all done. Great site and lots of great info and guys on here!

Might be a small point, but for some of us picky types on this board, we prefer Plymouth's written designation for your car. Fury III. Yes, it's pronounced "Fury three", but written out, it's Fury III.

There, Stan, let your blood pressure go back down.

Back