'69 Fury III Convertible Build Thread- Project IVY

I don't like 360 Mopar's, or 350 Chevy's. Period.

Tinkering away

On Eastwoods site figuring out what I need to start tackling the body, I'm tired of waiting for other people, I have people who I can turn to when I have questions, they've done this and can walk me through it.

another skill is like another tool, you never know when you'll need it, but when you do, your damn glad you have it.

Nick

The 360 is a good engine. .... so why don't you like two of the most popular engines ever?

polara7[COLOR=#0000cd said:

[/COLOR]9625]The 360 is a good engine. .... so why don't you like two of the most popular engines ever?
He's young and it's obvious he has little or no practical experience with either engine. Must be listening to slanted stories from someone.

Nick..... The Chrysler 383 engine is one of the most bulletproof & dependable engines ever built..... and a 360 is a much improved version of the 318.
Chevy small blocks are also very reliable..... Their just so..... common.
You need to get over what ever it is your thinking.

Last edited:
He's young and it's obvious he has little or no practical experience with either engine. Must be listening to slanted stories from someone.

Hmm nice blow under the belt........ I've only rebuilt 4 engines.........(2- 350 chevy's a 302 and a 351 windsor)...............

my last truck was a 350 actually, It was a pig on gas..................wouldn't pass a gas station without dumping $120 in each tank.........never again.

I'm understanding why Bob left for a while............

Hmm nice blow under the belt........ I've only rebuilt 4 engines.........(2- 350 chevy's a 302 and a 351 windsor)...............

my last truck was a 350 actually, It was a pig on gas..................wouldn't pass a gas station without dumping $120 in each tank.........never again.

I'm understanding why Bob left for a while............

You are kidding right? You cant handle that ....?:poke: And thats honest experienced guys giving their opinions and life's lessons on a few engine sizes.

It was an unfair justification to an opinion with no supported proof.

The old '86 when we repainted it, it was a Custom Deluxe 30, 350 TBI with a Granny Gear 4 spd and Dual Tanks.

"....Little or No Practical Experience with either Engine......"

Nick

Just a thought, as long as the car rolls on it's own power when you got it all together. If it's not the engine you want, but ran before you pulled it, you can get another engine later on when you find the one you want ;)

Sellers photo, I mainly need the block and crank..... the rest won't be the same, unless........there in perfect condition within specification, same goes for the crank, I'll have to plasti-gauge it and the bearings on the journals.

Nick

September 8th 1968, A Fury is Born. It is born in the Windsor Assembly Plant of Chrysler Canada.

Happy 45th Angel.

Nick

Way to go Nick anybody else would have pull the plug and let him die, but you have brought him back from the dead and will be around for many years to come. I would bet anything Angel will be in your family for a couple more generations.

You are kidding right? You cant handle that ....?:poke: And thats honest experienced guys giving their opinions and life's lessons on a few engine sizes.
....listening skills may not be that well developed yet but that's OK. I still have problems with listening (particularly to my wife) at my age.

Back