'69 Fury III Convertible Build Thread- Project IVY

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well here goes, going to post it up as I go. Lets start by telling the story and getting it going. I always wanted a Classic, I started looking this past summer, was just about to buy a Green '69 Impala and then I spotted these on the local Kijjiji for Scrap value, So I went and looked, ended up coming home as the owner of two '69 Fury III Convertibles for $400. The next day we loaded up the first car, the Good car, at this point I wasn't sure why I was told it was the good car. So the day after we moved the Brown car to what ended up being it's final stop. After a quick inspection it was clear why it was my parts car, So tear down began. The day she left she was a bit naked, but she was able to save not one but two '69 Fury III Convertibles. I ended up selling it to a guy who owns another Fury. Now I'm starting in on the Good car, which was F8 IVY Green Poly, and will be again. I'm at the point where my project has cost me nothing, the car owes me nothing (yet :steering:).

On my list to do, brakes ( Wheel cylinders, lines, machine the drums, new shoes, parking brake cables, new master), New U joints, patch up the exhaust, new fuel lines, fuel filter, sending unit, steam and re-seal tank, Body work it, surgically remove it's cancer, clean it all up, jam it, re assemble interior (reupholster rear seat bottom, repaint dash and trim pieces, clean and install seat belts, clean and install carpet, install new top, bleed it, give it a squirt of paint underneath, powder coat steelies, wrap em in new rubber, top end rebuild of motor (includes cosmetic rebuild/repaint), chase down wiring issues, repair and paint trunk floor, reinstall trunk mat and eventually take it to my buddy for paint. still need to check the front Susp. and replace what's necessary. Rear needs shocks and bushings.

GEDC2666.jpg

GEDC3076-1.jpg

GEDC3077-1.jpg

GEDC3082-1.jpg

GEDC3093-1.jpg

GEDC3206.jpg

GEDC3267.jpg

GEDC3515.jpg

GEDC3560.jpg

More to Come C Body Friends.

Nick

Seems like you got it under control. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I would love to see your collection of classics when you get to be our age. Good job so far!!!!
:eek:ccasion14:
(In a few years of course)

Best of luck on your resto, I'll be watching.

project has cost me nothing, the car owes me nothing (yet :steering:).

Regardless, you're doing it for all the right reasons.
I'm going to love to watch the process on this.

Heck....... Now i'm excided about your project, Makes me want to start over on another project again.
Thanks for sharing, Good luck. Let us know if we can help.

Thank you Guys, Ordered new Drums and Bearings today, local Napa Didn't stock them, but with my discount it isn't too bad to wait a day or two.

If I have questions I know who to ask.

Nick

No real updates, have started rebuilding a transmission for the Fury, Kept the 904 (or so I thought) from the T7 parts car bought everything I needed for a 904 rebuild to find out that it is actually a 727 that someone swapped in and painted 904 on the Bellhousing.

So had to send my parts back and order new parts (of course getting a discount going through my boss it really isn't too bad)

Photo's when I get all the pieces back together.

Nick

I'm totally lost.
I went back and reread your earlier post and you said "318 poly"??
Plus you thought you had a 904 tranny?
What car are we talking about?

(Sent using Forum Runner)

I'm totally lost.
I went back and reread your earlier post and you said "318 poly"??
Plus you thought you had a 904 tranny?
What car are we talking about?

(Sent using Forum Runner)
Actually I just went back and Checked, I said the engine is a 318 and color is Ivy Green POLY.

According to the Vin the parts car Had a 904, Mopar isn't my strong suit, I'm a GM owner and have always loved GM. Couldn't find a GM found a Mopar Cheap. Trans case had 904 painted on it but when I opened it up it was a 727.

Nick

I am pleased to see another classic saved from the crusher. Please share your progress with us as I will be routing for you as you serve as an inspiration to those of us that hit the occasional slump with our projects.

how did you deal with the rotted frame? i thought of trying to find a frame (frame). i'm not sure i can fix the rot on my frame.
1969 chrysler 300 convertible

how did you deal with the rotted frame? i thought of trying to find a frame (frame). i'm not sure i can fix the rot on my frame.
1969 chrysler 300 convertible

Crushed it, but I had two and the car with frame issues wasn't worth trying to save.

I think the best way would be to replace it with another if it is the front, if it's the rear you are going to have some fabrication work ahead.

Back