'69 Fury III Convertible Build Thread- Project IVY

Always have a current passport regardless of whether you travel or not.
You never know when you'll need it.
nazi%20droogs.png

Always have a current passport regardless of whether you travel or not.
You never know when if they are going to pound at your door at 2:00 AM...

IF they come knocking at 2 AM, you probably won't need any travel documents. All the documentation you need will ready for you.

I've had a busy two weeks.

Last weekend I got my truck e tested (It passed with numbers like a new truck) and picked up my Disc brake parts ($50 later I have a new friend and connection for parts).

This weekend myself and my girl went to a wedding. One of my friends (a car guy) got married, it was nice for the two of us to escape for a weekend. Hotel was neat. GEDC0187.jpg

GEDC0187.jpg

Thanks for the update, Nick.

Gotta keep my C Body family apprised of my situation.

Anyway, Wednesday night at 11:40 PM I decided to gut my hand to the bone, Girlfriend was nice enough to get out of bed, pick me up and sit with me at the ER till they sewed me back up (I'm a giant chicken when it comes to hospitals, doctors, needles, and the like), I got home at 2:45 AM Thursday stitched up, got in to work a half hour late a 9:00 AM and worked all day even though I was told not to use my hand and to not lift anything.

Anywho. I tinkered all weekend, doing the best I could one handed.

Turns out, whoever had this engine before the guy I bought it from spent a lot of money.

I found the following new parts and things done;
new con. Rods,
new pistons,
new rings,
new gaskets top to bottom,
new seals,
new fuel pump,
new oil pump,
new pickup tube and screen,
double roller timing chain,
its been punched out .020",
new water pump,
new crank and bearings,
and he topped it off with #302 Swirl port heads, an electronic ignition and a new Carter 2 barrel.

So that seems pretty good for a $200 engine.

I decided that its time for a 4 barrel...........Girlfriend, her mom and myself talked me into it. Actually my girlfriend's exact words were "Go big or go home sweetie, besides it sounds better when it's kicking up"

I like when she talks about cars. I was showing her pictures from Carlise and heard a few times "I Like Dusters.....'Cuda's.....Coke Bottle Chargers are sexy.....................I'd like a Road Runner one day.........Is that a 340?.........Holy thats a Hemi Car........."

That kinda stuff just makes me smile like a fool.....

anyway, enough of me rambling, this saturday the 360 goes bye-bye (its paying for the 318), and I'm going over to the scrap yard with the grinder, generator, and some zip-disc's to cut a piece out of the trunk of a Polara so I can figure out how to put my gas tank in my car. Then I'll head over to the girlfriends and wait for her to get home from work, she has promised me an evening of the Rockford Files.

Nick

Oh Yeah found a few trucks on my way home and Couldn't resist.GEDC0203.jpgGEDC0191.jpgGEDC0192.jpgGEDC0193.jpgGEDC0197.jpg

GEDC0203.jpg

GEDC0191.jpg

GEDC0192.jpg

GEDC0193.jpg

GEDC0197.jpg

GEDC0198.jpg

GEDC0201.jpg

nice find on the 318. i wish i had your luck. fan of the rockford files? me too. i'm sure you heard that james garner died last weekend.

I've had a busy two weeks.

Last weekend I got my truck e tested (It passed with numbers like a new truck) and picked up my Disc brake parts ($50 later I have a new friend and connection for parts).

This weekend myself and my girl went to a wedding. One of my friends (a car guy) got married, it was nice for the two of us to escape for a weekend. Hotel was neat. View attachment 34648

I need a set of cordoba Pin type disc break brackets emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

I need a set of cordoba Pin type disc break brackets View attachment 35197
I'll see what I can do.

Not much to report.

Guy never showed for the 360, so it sits still. My parts won't arrive till August 21st or so thanks to the Camshaft holding everything up.

Didnt do a whole lot on the weekend. Pissed away saturday waiting for the guy to show up, then went and drove into the city to my girlfriends work and got her house keys and went and waited for her to come home (it was hot, she has a pool), we watched the Rockford Files (her idea, yeah she's a keeper). That basically sums up my weekend.

At some point in the near future I have to see another doctor about my knee, it's not getting any better, I was told it was ligaments previously, and told to keep an eye on it.

Anyway, I'm going to try and do some stuff on the car this weekend.

Nick

I'll see what I can do.

Not much to report.

Guy never showed for the 360, so it sits still. My parts won't arrive till August 21st or so thanks to the Camshaft holding everything up.

Didnt do a whole lot on the weekend. Pissed away saturday waiting for the guy to show up, then went and drove into the city to my girlfriends work and got her house keys and went and waited for her to come home (it was hot, she has a pool), we watched the Rockford Files (her idea, yeah she's a keeper). That basically sums up my weekend.

At some point in the near future I have to see another doctor about my knee, it's not getting any better, I was told it was ligaments previously, and told to keep an eye on it.

Anyway, I'm going to try and do some stuff on the car this weekend.

Nick

Did I miss something ? I recall you messing up your hand, what did you do to your knee? Both of mine aren't worth crap. Do you at least get Monday off this weekend?

Did I miss something ? I recall you messing up your hand, what did you do to your knee? Both of mine aren't worth crap. Do you at least get Monday off this weekend?
It's been a slowly occuring thing, lately it's gotten worse, and worse, and I'm at the point where I can't deny the fact that there is something wrong.

My hand is however healed up pretty good.

My girlfriend's knee's have both been operated on to the point where they are as good as they get.

She believes that I have a similar issue with my left knee as her right knee. She has referred me to her doctor who diagnosed her knee's.

I'm not sure if I have Monday off or not, I keep forgetting to ask my boss.

Nick, your life is so perfectly balanced right now. Keep it that way.
Life does seem to be working out pretty good for me, I started out with the worst year of my life and it turned into the best year of my life.

Nick

The plan is that we'll still be at Moparfest this year, only for the day though, I got suckered into watching Angel's previous owner's dogs for the weekend.

Me and my girl that is. My Plymouth is still a year and at least $5,000 away from being ready for that........

Get your knee looked at...don't wait and suffer like Bobby Orr!

Get your knee looked at...don't wait and suffer like Bobby Orr!
It's sad, tragic really, that most people here don't know that name.
Sanderson, Cashman, Bucyk(sp ?), McKenzie....
But you had to be there I guess. I never missed a Bruins game.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back