69 POLARA 500 FRONT STUB/SUB FRAME NEEDED

Daniel Pope

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member in search of parts close to New England if possible, but beggars cant be choosers. Im looking into buying a Polara 500 for cheap. Very cheap, body is straight - car is complete, needs floors, and the front frame is missing a piece under the drivers side about 2 feet long.... Im having no luck locating one, I know other models will fit but Im nothaving luck with those either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

69 POLARA 500.jpg

Hey guys, new member in search of parts close to New England if possible, but beggars cant be choosers. Im looking into buying a Polara 500 for cheap. Very cheap, body is straight - car is complete, needs floors, and the front frame is missing a piece under the drivers side about 2 feet long.... Im having no luck locating one, I know other models will fit but Im nothaving luck with those either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is a place in Maine called Ayotte's Used Auto Parts They have some older Mopars around, Many of them are picked over pretty well however you never know.

ayotte's used auto parts

Tel 207-539-4888

Looks like you have the Canadian version of the polara 500.....
Do you have interior pic,s ?

Okay..... , a picture of the fendertag would also be great .....

And also a picture of what you mean by "the front frame is missing a piece under the drivers side about 2 feet long". Are you saying that the driver's side of the frame is not even bolted to the body?

And also a picture of what you mean by "the front frame is missing a piece under the drivers side about 2 feet long". Are you saying that the driver's side of the frame is not even bolted to the body?
The drivers floor pan is gone, and the sub frame - where it rolls under the firewall is gone from there up to the cross member the tail shift of the transmission bolts to - which isnt attached to the body on the drivers side anymore. I peeled whats left of the carpet back and there is nothing but dirt under the drivers floor. no frame rail at all.

:wideyed:

Damn! I'm going to have a Torsion Quiet stub available shortly ('70 - '73 style), but it would require some easy mods. Hopefully you will find one, but if not it is a decent alternative. Incidentally, I found a rigid mount stub for my '70 300 vert from a member here, and it was out of a '69 Polara from California. I'm in Jersey, and there are nothing but crispy frames on the east coast. Good luck!

Last edited:
Being curious Samplingman,, what are you gonna ask for it...?
I'd be giving it away to whoever can pick it up. They take up a lot of room and are tough to move around the yard. I sold my bent, rigid stub last year locally for $100 and that's after 2 years of moving it around. For something that is very hard to find in solid condition, I was surprised at the lack of interest.

I have a solid west coast sub frame out of a 69 Polara 4dr PK41 series cruiser. It is a complete unit with torsion bars, control arms etc. All there except the steering gear which I removed but still have. Issue here is that it will probably cost as much to ship it as it is worth. Let me know if your are interested and I will drag it out and get Pics. As with anything this old, you will need to install new rubber bushings and re-paint it. Some or all of the ball joints and other linkage parts may need replacement as well, I never drove this car, so I cannot attest to the condition of the steering components.
So I can't help but wonder, what would somebody have done with a two foot section of frame? It's not like you would ever splice a sub frame.

Dave

I have a solid west coast sub frame out of a 69 Polara 4dr PK41 series cruiser. It is a complete unit with torsion bars, control arms etc. All there except the steering gear which I removed but still have. Issue here is that it will probably cost as much to ship it as it is worth. Let me know if your are interested and I will drag it out and get Pics. As with anything this old, you will need to install new rubber bushings and re-paint it. Some or all of the ball joints and other linkage parts may need replacement as well, I never drove this car, so I cannot attest to the condition of the steering components.
So I can't help but wonder, what would somebody have done with a two foot section of frame? It's not like you would ever splice a sub frame.

Dave
If it wouldnt trouble you too much i would love some pictures. As for the missing section, I cant really say. All the evidence i have points to it being rotted away from being so close to the soft ground here but I dont know. its been a long time and no one else has touched the car in a long time.

I appreciate it very much, Im not in a rush. Going to be gone for 2 weeks.

1.) Ok, when you get around to it, send me an E-mail address at ogredave@spiretech.com. I will forward pics to your E-Mail.
2.) If your frame rail actually rotted apart, it would be a good idea to carefully check the mounts on the body where the sub frame attaches, often these will be badly rusted also. If the mounts are toast, you have a parts car as there is no cost effective way to repair them.

Dave

Back