'70 Coronet Delux, Buffalo ($3900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Someone please buy this so I don't have to sell a bunch of crap to do it myself.

http://buffalo.en.craigslist.org/cto/4426769117.html

00Y0Y_cKU5dP1P3cN_600x450.jpg

00D0D_2eQ1CgwcofV_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_cKU5dP1P3cN_600x450.jpg

00D0D_2eQ1CgwcofV_600x450.jpg

Why does the world NEED yet another Super Bee clone??? This car has a nice "patina", it needs to be left the hell alone. Nice specimen.

Very early build date. I think there are more Super Bee's on the road today than regular Coronet coupes, distorted history.

I sent this link to my Brother-in-law and he's third on the list. If the other guys flake out, he'll have that thing on a trailer within hours.

Love it, beautiful car!

He would leave it as is or maybe throw a 383ci in it. I told him to build up the 318ci. He already has an original 1970 Charger R/T. He likes to keep things stock.

He would leave it as is or maybe throw a 383ci in it. I told him to build up the 318ci. He already has an original 1970 Charger R/T. He likes to keep things stock.

That would be good ........ Theres nothing wrong with a 318 in a B body. A great road car that gets 17-22 MPG on regular gas.
As nice as Jazebelle is I wish she was as dependable and economical as my 65 318 Coronet.

Switching to a 383 means more than just dropping the big block into a 318 car, so with that in mind and although I would prefer the 383, I'd keep the 318 right where it is now.

He hasn't heard anything yet and it's after 5:00pm on the east coast, so It's not looking good.

Not to argue, BUT my grandmother/father had a 65 or 66 Dodge Monaco with 230K miles on it before they passed away. Timing chain never touched. In fact, the valve covers never came off once. Of course, they weren't trying to collect time slips either so I guess that has something to do with it. I think the durability chart goes something like this IMO: /6, 318/360 2v, 383-2v,and then 400 2v. Agree, disagree?

Had Mother gone to the nylon timing chain in 65/66 yet Gary or was it still steel in those years? The nylon one give up somewhere north of 80k so its wise to change them to steel and might as well go double roller while you're at it.

I'd say /6 then the rest. They all held/hold up well if maintained with at least basic oil and filter, air filter, plug and points changes regularly. The R/RB bottom end is the secret to their durability.

Interesting history on the buzzing half dozen ... the slant six was engineered for an aluminum block and approx 50,000 where built in 61/62, along with iron versions but after that they were all cast iron. They had planned to discontinue the iron versions once they perfected/ironed out the more complicated manufacturing processes for the aluminum die cast blocks (have no freeze plugs). Instead, production problems with building the aluminum engines and corrosion problems from lack of maintenance led to the use of iron exclusively from 63 on.

Alum 225 blocks weigh about 65 lbs vs 130 for iron 225s.

alm-block-top.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back