70 fury wiper switch?

moparblood

Reaction score
I installed a new switch and when I shut off wipers keep going.
I have to switch it on and off a few times for it to stop.
what gives?

I installed a new switch and when I shut off wipers keep going.
I have to switch it on and off a few times for it to stop.
what gives?
First thing that needs to be asked is if you used the correct switch. There was a 2 speed and optional 3 speed wipers. You need the correct switch.

Assuming you have the correct switch, it's usually the park switch inside the wiper motor itself that isn't adjusted correctly or not working correctly that causes that. The dash switch actually reverses the motor and the switch inside the wiper motor lets it park and shut off. There's some switch and motor tests in the FSM that you should try. If you don't have one, download one here: MyMopar

when the wipers do shut off they don't down below the hood like they should

1) What was the reason for replacing the switch?
2) A new switch, or a new used switch?
3) Is the # on replacement switch the same as your original?

good question, wipers stopped working.
put power to switch and nothing.
So, I got a nos switch and installed it, but work fine for a few days.
would never go all the down.
and keeps working when I shut off.
don't remember if #'s exactly matched.

First thing that needs to be asked is if you used the correct switch. There was a 2 speed and optional 3 speed wipers. You need the correct switch.

Assuming you have the correct switch, it's usually the park switch inside the wiper motor itself that isn't adjusted correctly or not working correctly that causes that. The dash switch actually reverses the motor and the switch inside the wiper motor lets it park and shut off. There's some switch and motor tests in the FSM that you should try. If you don't have one, download one here: MyMopar
Do you have 2 or 3 speed wipers? A pic of the wiper motor will tell us.
And am I to understand that when you flip the switch to "off" the wiper arms park but don't go down enough? Have they ever gone down all the way since owning the car?

Back