For Sale 70 Monaco 500 FK5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, you keep defending the sellers point BUT
1, There was at least one offer out there without the NOS parts that he never followed through on.
2, the seller only sold and is still trying to sell on Facebook then says no one stepped up.
3, only Now the car is said to have bad repairs and rust which was never disclosed as he poorly advertised the car.
4 ,How can an all original car have bad repairs?
5, If the storage costs are 500 a month and he's now at least two months in, wouldn't it have been best to put all the pieces back into the car ? It would have reduced storage costs and have been more attractive to a potential buyer.

6, and to add to that, how is it he didn't want to take the time to deal on other sites except FB but feels he has the time to handle phone calls and messages on FB, and also has the time to package up and ship many, many small parts and large bulky parts ?
7, Don't think he reached Wyatt from this site! He reached out to Wyatt because of Facebook.

I will say it again - I am NOT defending the guy, only trying to explain the reality I saw in person. You keep wanting to focus the narrative on me for some reason, but that isn't appropriate. You haven't listened to what I have said already so I feel no need to repeat all this again.

He didn't want to mess with selling the car after seeing the needed repairs is the best I can surmise. And from what I saw from him working on replacing a whole quarter panel on a Chrysler 300L convertible in his shop, he is very capable (see BLIMPs post above). All he was focused on when I was there was to just get the NOS parts sold, and that was it. He wanted to move on. He has a lot of work to complete for his paying customers at present, and he was behind. Period. I can't say more than I have about his methods/motives - they weren't the way I would have done it either, but he isn't all that internet focused on the car itself due to what he said he found. You just don't want to understand his mindset or work pressures at present (yes, perhaps due to his methods at least partly) and you just want to attack him until you prevail on this forum. Best wishes, as I don't have the time you have to spend on these types of issues that you seem to have, and I am retired. He concluded that due to the lack of interest that he received, it was time to drop the whole thing, except the sale of the NOS parts and be done with it. And he said he has had almost no phone calls or interest in the parts or car from anyone, so there isn't much for him to deal with in that respect. So keep pounding away, for what good it will do. The faithful saw the car and the situation and didn't need it that bad despite his poor efforts to reach out at least in part. And if this were a Plymouth instead of a Dodge, you wouldn't care either.

And the car looked somewhat junky to me the last time I saw it years ago only from a distance, so I am not surprised that it might have had some rust issues or other repairs. Autotemp 1 turned me off, so I didn't look at it closer. Mine is a lot better to start with, and even it had some rust that my body guy repaired and it looks at least as good as this car does underneath as well. I didn't get to see this car/issues when I was there last week so I can't say more. But I am cutting my time on this whole subject at this point since I too need to move on. Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Wow , i love the rotisserie rest. going on.It,s so damn cool to see a large car restored.I want to sleep in that shell! I feel weird saying that.You can,t take the boy out of the man i guess.B.B

Not focused on anything except your defense of him which you keep insisting you're not.
If you think hes not interested in selling off used parts you really aren't paying attention which was my presumption 4 pages ago.

Plymouth instead of a Dodge, you wouldn't care either.

You clearly haven't been paying attention over the last ten years . Once again, you couldn't be more wrong....

And .....
It takes more than an air conditioning control module for me to not care about a car or not give it a 2nd look.

Not focused on anything except your defense of him which you keep insisting you're not.
If you think hes not interested in selling off used parts you really aren't paying attention which was my presumption 4 pages ago.

I was explaining his mindset as best I could, and how he would reply or see things compared to you - that was all. You don't want to listen to any other view than your own. So you pin his mindset on me for bringing it forth.

Sure he would like to sell the remaining parts, but he is not going out of his way to do so at this point.

You clearly haven't been paying attention over the last ten years . Once again, you couldn't be more wrong....

And .....
It takes more than an air conditioning control module for me to not care about a car or not give it a 2nd look.

I have only been here 7 years. I read about you wanting to junk Sport Fury GTs that some think are worth trying to save (although you are more correct in those cases I believe). I don't see you going into high gear very often about Plymouths, compared to your passionate defense of all Dodges, especially fuselage Polaras.

I had little time to look at this Monaco when I was there briefly for other matters, and when I was told it had Autotemp 1, and because I already had a much nicer one, I didn't want to stay any longer since I was already late for another matter that day. I have to deal with the realities of Los Angeles traffic and that day was no exception.

As I see it, despite my love of many of these cars, I also realize that in 50 or maybe a 100 years from now, no one at all will likely care about any of them, if the world is capable of even lasting that much further without a nuclear war. They are just creative metal objects for transportation purposes at one time in history, and they will not survive forever despite what attempts we might make to "save them". Museums are replete with tons of various cars during the last 100 years and so some of the best of the remains of our cars will go into museums for others to briefly glance at and move on at least while civilization as we know it is even around. So getting upset about some of them going to dust sooner than later is not worth all the heat put into worrying about all the ones that didn't get as far as we would have liked. Most guys that like these cars are older, parts are more scarce, health issues take many out, and some just don't have the will to even go into their garages any more to work on them, nor do many living on pensions have the $$ to invest in them any more. The world is moving on and we can't stop it. That is just reality. I am not going to argue about this any more. You won't consider another input you don't agree with no matter what. That is what I am seeing after 7 years. As I said many times, I would NOT have done things the way he did, and I also said I don't live in his shoes, so I won't judge him either. He is a skilled guy still trying to make a living, and he doesn't have your realities to consider.

So lets just agree to move on. There is nothing more here to see.

Thanks.

You defend him saying it had significant rust and damage, then praise his skills as a bodyman.....

I call major Bullshit, let's call it like it is TRUTHFULLY....

He bought it to flip it, when he realized he couldn't just scuff it and shoot it, he decided to sell it for likely around what he paid for it as a complete running and driving car...

People won't pay runner money for a disassembled car, buying a car in pieces even locally is a huge pain in the ***....let alone cross country or elsewhere...

He made no real attempts to sell it, and wouldn't even answer most peoples legitimate questions on Facebook...

Anyone who really wanted to sell it would have tried a bit harder.

As it's been said it's an afternoon job to reassemble a few body panels and take some pictures.......especially for an "accomplished" bodyman....

You can say whatever you like, but don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining....

You can't make chicken pie out of chicken ****...

If anyone wants to argue with me about my points, I'll be in my extremely crowded 2 car residential garage working on a basket case, no option, no desirability, 4 door sedan from the least popular year of the Fuselage body style,

But maybe I'll just sell it for 5 minutes on Facebook for an amount that's reasonable for a driver even though it's completely apart...

It was for sale on FB. It was discussed here. Everyone who really is into 70 Monacos and buying a big Fuselage project has known and heared of the car .

But no one stepped up to buy it with a big enough offer.

It is a shame that it is dead and there have been some poor decisions made from the seller in disassembling it. But it was his car and his choice so he could do with it what he wanted.

Those complaing about the seller do not live in the bigger LA area with its living costs and sometimes tough decisions to be made what makes sense financially considering a business act.
I guess it would still be alive if he would have lived out in the Arizona desert with lots of space.

After all: Time to move on. Lots of Monacos died unfortunatly before and it will continue to happen in the future.

It was for sale on FB. It was discussed here. Everyone who really is into 70 Monacos and buying a big Fuselage project has known and heared of the car .

But no one stepped up to buy it with a big enough offer.

It is a shame that it is dead and there have been some poor decisions made from the seller in disassembling it. But it was his car and his choice so he could do with it what he wanted.

Those complaing about the seller do not live in the bigger LA area with its living costs and sometimes tough decisions to be made what makes sense financially considering a business act.
I guess it would still be alive if he would have lived out in the Arizona desert with lots of space.

After all: Time to move on. Lots of Monacos died unfortunatly before and it will continue to happen in the future.
:bs_flag:

Right ...you are giving him a free pass since he lives in LA and he advertised a car on a Facebook site .... keep going Carsten, you can lose credibility too.

I said it in post 12 and nothing has changed. This idiot forced all his problems and bad decision making on this car and single handedly killed it.:elmer:

I don't know why I'm chiming in on this save for the fact that it's a model and year I've always loved.

My issue (when it was a complete car) was that I've devoted everything I have to my 67 .. a decision I sometimes question (esp the further I dig) but wouldn't renege on lest it was ABSOLUTE love and the best friggin' deal ever. This car wasn't that when it was intact. It's certainly not in pieces.

When I put this together with my tendency to commit to cars, I come up with this:
I'd never rip far enough into my 67 to not be able to put it back if I needed to sell. However if I did and had to sell it as a basket case, I'd feel compelled to work very hard to get it into the hands it needed to be. .. be that on price, transport, assembly of whatever I could, advertisement in as many specialized places as possible ..etc.
I'm not going to judge the guy out and out, but it does reek of sh****ness in one form or another.

Either way, for those of us who love these vehicles above and beyond our ability to collect, seeing another complete, savable unit explode across the country is not terribly different than seeing it in a derby.

The guy parted a 300 letter car......He scraps good rust free components that anyone with any brains knows that people are looking for....

And yet people still defend him...

Unbelievable

The guy parted a 300 letter car......He scraps good rust free components that anyone with any brains knows that people are looking for....

And yet people still defend him...

Unbelievable
The rust-free trunk gone to scrap was a heart breaker. Could have easily gotten $300 for it. Even with $350 Fastenal shipping to the east coast you've got to ask yourself, where else would you find something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back