For Sale 70 Monaco 500 FK5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in post 12 and nothing has changed. This idiot forced all his problems and bad decision making on this car and single handedly killed it.:elmer:

The thing that amazes me about this 7 pages of blather, is that none of us disagrees that he made a big mistake in stripping the car and then trying to sell it in that condition - that step regrettably killed the car and his only hope of getting much out of it after doing so and it was his fault. I tried to explain that he bought a 1960 300F, his dream car, when one became available at the wrong time, and found himself in big trouble for buying both. That led to the destruction of this car and I reported his reasoning and circumstances for taking the steps he did and why just as he explained them to me.

Since I went down there to try and at least recover some of the NOS parts from going to scrap potentially too, I reported what happened and what his mindset was for going the route he went down in the first place. For explaining how the events happened and how he reasoned, I get crapped on mosty by Dave for trying to pin explaining Lee's rationale and circumstances for going down the path he went down in the first place and how he would likely respond to criticism ON ME and instead called it me justifying his actions (I challenged Lee as to his rationale too). I tried to correct Dave's twisting of my efforts to report a couple times, but to no avail. He kept it up anyway and wouldn't accept it. I can only conclude Dave wants to denigrate me for some reason by saying repeatedly that I was defending him, you have to ask him why. The one who has lost credibility, in my eyes at least, is him for pulling this stunt. If you twist matters often enough, people will believe you (that is how lawyers win their cases with unsuspecting juries). And it worked because he is the most outspoken and relentless person on this site, and we all know it. He has over 38K posts on this site to this point, more than anyone else and is always present with an opinion for everything. I could respect that more if his posts were more thoughtful and accurate rather than just trying to stir up more controversy that isn't needed. I am also not the first person he has run over with his crass, misleading remarks either.

Last edited:
:lol:

Outspoken because I'm a factual person. I don't like things twisted and convoluted, I need the truth. I am also a passionate person of things I care about.
Since the car can't speak for itself it needed someone to do so. That is where I come in, calling a spade a spade . :thankyou:

tug.jpeg

The thing that amazes me about this 7 pages of blather, is that none of us disagrees that he made a big mistake in stripping the car and then trying to sell it in that condition - that step regrettably killed the car and his only hope of getting much out of it after doing so and it was his fault.

Everything said after the above needs to stop being said because it doesn’t change anything.

I tried to explain that he bought a 1960 300F, his dream car, when one became available at the wrong time, and found himself in big trouble for buying both. That led to the destruction of this car and I reported his reasoning and circumstances for taking the steps he did and why just as he explained them to me.

Since I went down there to try and at least recover some of the NOS parts from going to scrap potentially too, I reported what happened and what his mindset was for going the route he went down in the first place. For explaining how the events happened and how he reasoned, I get crapped on mosty by Dave for trying to pin explaining Lee's rationale and circumstances for going down the path he went down in the first place and how he would likely respond to criticism ON ME and instead called it me justifying his actions (I challenged Lee as to his rationale too). I tried to correct Dave's twisting of my efforts to report a couple times, but to no avail. He kept it up anyway and wouldn't accept it. I can only conclude Dave wants to denigrate me for some reason by saying repeatedly that I was defending him, you have to ask him why. The one who has lost credibility, in my eyes at least, is him for pulling this stunt. If you twist matters often enough, people will believe you (that is how lawyers win their cases with unsuspecting juries). And it worked because he is the most outspoken and relentless person on this site, and we all know it. He has over 38K posts on this site to this point, more than anyone else and is always present with an opinion for everything. I could respect that more if his posts were more thoughtful and accurate rather than just trying to stir up more controversy that isn't needed. I am also not the first person he has run over with his crass, misleading remarks either.

I don't easily call people stupid without knowing more of their circumstances and what happened that made the outcome what it is.
This guy can weld on quarter panels and much more, has been in business over 30 years and is still doing it. How many of you guys could do the work he is doing, or think a stupid person could do it? That is what I don't like about this thread. Its happening nationally too, and it tears us apart. And it could do it here too if people are mischaracterized including me and alienated by people who don't use good judgment. Yeah, he made a mistake, big time in many of our eyes including me. I get it and I agree. But I am not willing to assassinate him for his mistake. It was a mistake of passion (going for the 300f at the wrong time), because he is a car guy and has his priorities too.

Character matters to me.

Last edited:
When the seller assassinated the Monaco he also Did so to his own Character.

See sir, I won't take the bait.

When the seller assassinated the Monaco he also Did so to his own Character.

See sir, I won't take the bait.

Of course not, and you apparently don't know what character is then. It includes treating people with respect, especially the ones on this site, and not misrepresenting what they are saying. It says things about you when you do and trying to beat up anyone that disagrees with you isn't useful either.

I think Steve and Dave (possibly even Lee, the fella that gave up on the Monaco) would discover that they have a lot in common if they were hang out with some cold ones and BS about mopars. It's obvious you're both very passionate.

Of course not, and you apparently don't know what character is then. It includes treating people with respect, especially the ones on this site, and not misrepresenting what they are saying. It says things about you when you do and trying to beat up anyone that disagrees with you isn't useful either.
:lol: .....
Vanity+Mirrors.jpg

Hey.Make sure some of your family members like cars.Back in 92 i saw a beautiful blue 1971 Imp. and went over and talked to the owner to see if it was for sale.His exact words were,My family would kill me if i sold it.Yay.B.B

I think Steve and Dave (possibly even Lee, the fella that gave up on the Monaco) would discover that they have a lot in common if they were hang out with some cold ones and BS about mopars. It's obvious you're both very passionate.
Another amusing Steve & Dave thread... fighting like the stubborn C Body brothers they are. For a couple of guys I have a great deal of respect for and I know they have for each other... their battles are actually pretty fun to read. But a lot like real life sibling fights, the gloves are often off, and it's not so wise to get into the middle. It looks scarier than it is.

The destroyer of this car probably does have many good qualities... but I still want to kick him in the goodie bag just once for the outcome he created. If he has a soul, he'll probably agree that he deserves it.

Another amusing Steve & Dave thread... fighting like the stubborn C Body brothers they are. For a couple of guys I have a great deal of respect for and I know they have for each other... their battles are actually pretty fun to read. But a lot like real life sibling fights, the gloves are often off, and it's not so wise to get into the middle. It looks scarier than it is.

The destroyer of this car probably does have many good qualities... but I still want to kick him in the goodie bag just once for the outcome he created. If he has a soul, he'll probably agree that he deserves it.

I agree with everything you wrote despite one point.
That is why I didn't click on the "I agree".

I know both characters (Dave&Steve) personally but I can say for sure Steve isn't stubborn but well balanced in his thoughts and always tries to see a theme from different point of views. He knows there isn't just black&white but a lot of "grey".

Carsten

Well I think we have exhausted this one....what's that old saying? History repeats itself? We can all meet back when this guy decides its easier to part out the 300F....same bat time....same bat channel.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back