For Sale 71 300 U Code Sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens to the engine if the 300 is sold as a roller? Got something else to stuff it in?
I don’t think the car will sell , I keep the engine on the stand in my garage or my TV room and if the car won’t sell maybe i will work on it one day and bring it back to life

I don’t think the car will sell , I keep the engine on the stand in my garage or my TV room and if the car won’t sell maybe i will work on it one day and bring it back to life

That's what I wanted to hear. Nobody buy the car! Let Tobias work his magic. Cue 1980's He-man cartoon intro where he raises his sword to the sky and says "I have the power!"

That's what I wanted to hear. Nobody buy the car! Let Tobias work his magic. Cue 1980's He-man cartoon intro where he raises his sword to the sky and says "I have the power!"
I’m more like Skeleton lol, I never liked He-man

"Tobias - taking shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a car nut who does exist.
Tobias, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent and
the helpless C-bodies, in a world of derby brainers who operate without moral."

Hey Steve!

On the picture #1 there´s a 72 LeBaron behind the 71. Do you happen to have any photos of it?

I do not at present. It is a 4 door, so I am not sure there would be much interest in it. About 10 years ago I went through most of the drive line except for the engine which runs very well and didn't need anything and also rebuilt the front suspension completely and went through the brakes as well. I also got the auto temp system working and it still modulates the temperature properly although the a/c system is low on refrigerant currently (I put a new Performance Analysis Company rebuilt servo in the car and it works just fine now). So in terms of mechanics, it is a really nice driving car now. What it does need is a new vinyl top (brown/gold color) and the front seats recovered in the original gold pattern cloth. The only other thing it needs is some final body work on the right quarter just behind the rear door where it was scraped in the past. Otherwise the paint is still mostly the orignial and in decent shape if I buff it again. No rust at all.

To my naive eyes, the rear of the '72 Imperial evokes the Newport's, while the '72 New Yorker Brougham has a superb tail that looks a lot like previous-years Imperials. @saforwardlook, can you explain why?

To my naive eyes, the rear of the '72 Imperial evokes the Newport's, while the '72 New Yorker Brougham has a superb tail that looks a lot like previous-years Imperials. @saforwardlook, can you explain why?

When it comes to syling, any opinion constitutes a shot in the dark regarding what was going through the Chrysler design studio staff minds at the time.

Elwood Engle was head of the design studios at Chrysler at the time, and it seems to me that a number of themes he continued to use even in the early 70s evolved from his early Lincoln Continental designs he pushed forward when he was head of design at Ford in the early 60s. The front fenders of an Imperial starting in 1972 and carried over into 1973 seemed to come directly from the early 60s Continentals:

1963-lincoln-continental.jpg

While the 72 New Yorker seemed to copy somewhat the tail theme of the same car if you replace the trim on the back of the decklid with a horizontal tail light theme instead (this perhaps more of a stretch):

kc0311-104726_2.jpg

I personally feel these Lincolns were some of his best work, exuding real elegance in an era when forward look fins had run their course. I believe the Chrysler Imperials, for example, immediately looked dated when his Lincoln hit the streets in 1961:

216.jpg

but I think we are diverging from this thread's purpose at this point......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back