71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

I was on my way one afternoon with a trailer and the owner said it's too muddy. Don't wanna tear up the yard, we will set it up again soon. The car is yours. Not going anywhere. He was sick with cancer. I tried calling a few weeks back to get it before the snow started falling. Both numbers disconnected. On my way back from Jersey I jumped off the highway and got the answer I already knew. He passed away. Everything is gone. I will kick myself for the rest of my life, but it wasn't meant to be...

I was on my way one afternoon with a trailer and the owner said it's too muddy. Don't wanna tear up the yard, we will set it up again soon. The car is yours. Not going anywhere. He was sick with cancer. I tried calling a few weeks back to get it before the snow started falling. Both numbers disconnected. On my way back from Jersey I jumped off the highway and got the answer I already knew. He passed away. Everything is gone. I will kick myself for the rest of my life, but it wasn't meant to be...

Oh crap! Major bummer. . . But I'm glad you told us. If I'm ever in a similar situation, I will remember to move "with dispatch."

I have a similar story with a FK5 70 POLARA convertible with white interior, superlite 383-2 and disc brakes.

NEVER walk away

I'm sorry to hear, but this might have been for the better. One always becomes the distraction from the other. My black "parts" car is both a curse and a blessing. It has caused me to delay work on my vert, no doubt. But, it's too cool to cut up, too rough to go it alone, and I'm too far into it to let it go just yet.

I'm sorry to hear, but this might have been for the better. One always becomes the distraction from the other. My black "parts" car is both a curse and a blessing. It has caused me to delay work on my vert, no doubt. But, it's too cool to cut up, too rough to go it alone, and I'm too far into it to let it go just yet.
Exactly. It may have been one that sat until I found a donor car for the donor car....

Oh yeah Dave...headed out west anytime soon?

polara72.JPG

I went and looked at winter storage/work space this afternoon down the street from my work. The Brougham has a new temporary home. Will be moving it over there within the next two weeks. I am excited to finally start attacking it's rust issues. Stay tuned.

The Brougham has some room to stretch out finally. Gonna be getting the trunk floor and frame rail straightened out here shortly. I need an OEM replacement ASAP before I cave and use the poor quality C2C piece. If I do use the C2C pan, I will be spraying trunk spatter paint over it and using carpet unfortunately. I really don't wanna go that route, but I only have this space for the winter and I am determined to get it repaired while I have the chance.

Snapchat-1273852877.jpg

IMG_20171202_150327.jpg

IMG_20171202_150311.jpg

IMG_20171202_150510.jpg

Gotta be something available. Even if it is from across the country it'll be worth the shipping in the long run

Hoping for a complete 2 door Hardtop parts car so I can plug the rear window like was done with the 69 CHP Polara. Seems like the way to go. I'd hate to fab it all together and have trim not fit flush and sealing issues bringing me right back to square one.

Good looking storage space
That area is the storage only space. He has a shop up front I am going to be able to work in and a fork lift to pull the car around with. I am going to be dropping the rear end out and making casters that bolt to the forward spring mounts so it is still mobile without the differential.

Been very busy with work and the holidays. I found a trunk floor I just need to organize a little roadtrip down to NC to pick it up from a member on here. That's coming soon. I went and checked on the Dodges this week and also got a little more ink on my arm. I've had the Brougham for one year exactly and have almost everything I need now to get her back together. Gonna be busy with a welder in 2018. Happy New Year's FCBO!

IMG_20171227_131140.jpg

IMG_20171227_131204.jpg

received_10213326172287138.jpeg

Last edited:
Been very busy with work and the holidays. I found a trunk floor I just need to organize a little roadtrip down to NC to pick it up from a member on here. That's coming soon. I went and checked on the Dodges this week and also got a little more ink on my my arm. I've had the Brougham for one year exactly and have almost everything I need now to get her back together. Gonna be busy with a welder in 2018. Happy New Year's FCBO!

View attachment 159363

View attachment 159364

View attachment 159365
If your devotion to the car isn't enough evidence of your Mopar allegiance the ink will do it. :thumbsup:

If your devotion to the car isn't enough evidence of your Mopar allegiance the ink will do it. :thumbsup:
I had to add to the Pentastar in the middle. Not everyone understands the high impact colors and it's been mistaken for other things I didn't intend on if you know what I mean...my artist took a vague idea I gave her and ran with it.

I had to add to the Pentastar in the middle. Not everyone understands the high impact colors and it's been mistaken for other things I didn't intend on if you know what I mean...my artist took a vague idea I gave her and ran with it.
I like it... but I admit I was wondering if that was going to open or close more doors...

Back