71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

These cars are addicting. Bought this for parts today. I might think it's too good...runs and drives. Clean trunk pan and rear rails. Can't go wrong at the low price of 796$...the Durango did a good job, but definitely felt the car/trailer unlike the rentals.

IMG_20180127_151006.jpg

IMG_20180127_150920.jpg

IMG_20180127_151006.jpg

It's a shame honestly. Everything works. Has a rusty spot on the stub and the trans isn't doing too good. Fluid looks milky, kid wanted off of it and I got it for $1000 less then he paid just a few weeks ago. Between the milky fluid and completely disconnected kick down...it might be a driver. Which is a possibility...AMD really needs to get their act together and make us some sheetmetal...it shouldn't come to this. My last 440 New Yorker was my driver for 3.5 years. Nothing real expensive except tires fuel and oil over the course of me owning it. This could be the same deal again and I almost hate to cut it apart.

IMG_20180127_154424.jpg

IMG_20180127_154455.jpg

Is this the one from Elk Grove Village area?

Uhaul's been making some money off you. :poke:

I'm beginning to think you like these old cars!

Last edited:
That's right. Just next door to Elk Grove. I was going to take a look at that car for someone here, but never heard back from the seller.

No kidding! :poke:
He was hard to get in touch with. Car had been listed on and off for a variety of prices since summer.

Small update. Did some trading with a buddy and got a better Dashpad for the Polara. It is cracked across the top as usual but not water logged and rotten like the one that came out of the car when I dragged it out of the rainforest. Eventually I will have it redone, but for the time being I am trying to put my pennies towards getting the car on the road. I got the Fury stripped and sold the bare roller to a friend that needed the entire floor pan. I managed to get the rear window section dutchman panel out of the deal too. Going to start hacking into the 73 Chrysler for my 440 and trunk pan very shortly.
My Game plan has changed slightly. Eventually I would like to do the color change, but for right now I just would like to focus my energy on getting all of the major rust fixed permanently, installing the interior, and getting it running. From there I can worry about a color change. I have been hunting for all these parts for a little over a year and have been itching to see it all together.

Here's some pictures of the dashpad. I used a chrome pen my dad got for modeling and used it to touch up the Brougham dash trim. This week I am hoping to put together 1 dash out of the 5 I have accumulated over the past year.

View attachment 172344

IMG_20180305_185519.jpg

IMG_20180305_185312.jpg

IMG_20180305_185239.jpg

IMG_20180305_185424.jpg

Headed up to a place in Wisconsin with @70 Sport Suburban today to hunt for more C body treasures! I don't need much but can't pass on a Sunday morning and early afternoon surrounded by old iron. Hoping for a 2 door Polara. Have yet to find a 70-71 in a junkyard. Last one I did find followed me 2200 miles home.

Back