71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

All finished :)

IMG_20180325_161353.jpg

The dash looks great, when it's all together you will be able to enjoy your efforts while driving.
That's why I figured I would spend the time collecting and restoring the correct interior items for my car. Every time I turn the key I'll see my hard work and dedication. Need a woodgrain wheel to set it all off. Wood grain on the console/shift knob. Woodgrain on the door panels. It's going to be a very inviting interior when it's all said and done.

Thanks. Alot of my buddies don't understand why I'll dump so much into the interior but haven't bought a single performance part for my 440. I plan on spending alot of time in this Polara. I want it to be an enjoyable experience. On my last major project car (79 Cordoba) I went with performance first. While the car was very fun with the '72 340 and 3:91 sure grip, it wasnt a fun car to stay in for long periods of time. So I made sure the main focus is finding the right stuff for my Polara, as far as I am concerned as long as the hood is shiny and the interior is nice, I'll be happy driving down the road...Not to mention, performance parts are in stock at most times. 71 Polara interior parts aren't as readily available...

PS: yes that's a crappy pepboys shifter in the Cordoba. It worked and was cheap. Seems like I couldn't find the correct linkage at the time and I searched for an alternative instead of digging deeper. Now they are all over the place.

I used to deliver Pizza at the bar I was working at in that car. The looks I'd get pulling up to people's homes was priceless.

View attachment 175848

View attachment 175850

View attachment 175851
Late 80's I had a buddy with a pizza shop and would deliver when the place was backed up... A very loud small block 73 Charger... got a lot of "I heard you coming 5 minutes ago". :lol:

Your Polara is too sweet to subject to pizza's... or to hot rod. :thumbsup:

Got an update for you guys. The New Yorker has had it's heart pulled. Time of death. 3:45 PM 4/11/18. I spent some time cleaning up the rear body panel yesterday and cleaning up the edges in the trunk. I ordered a quart of Rust Bullet, that showed up today. Now that the front stub is out of the Chrysler. It's time to drop the rear end out and get to cutting and drilling. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to a Polara with a trunk floor. Just a small update.

IMG_20180410_155415.jpg

IMG_20180410_173608.jpg

IMG_20180411_165846.jpg

IMG_20180411_165915.jpg

IMG_20180411_174927.jpg

Looks like yours separated easier than Carmine's did............. :poke: Or at least with less mess......:p

Looks like yours separated easier than Carmine's did............. :poke: Or at least with less mess......:p
I was really impressed at how easy this seemingly Monumental project really was. I got to the shop at about 1230 this afternoon and the front end was 100% intact. A few hours later. I have this...

The Dodge is sexier with great curves and body symmetry with headlights.

The Sport Fury is built like a 11 year old flat and straight and no high beams

Seems that way. Sad. They are still lowly Plymouths :lol:

The front end on a Sport Fury makes up for the lack of curves. I end up liking them both intensely and equally - and I look at them all every day!

But to me, the 70-71 300s have it all, and really ring my bell!

1971-chrysler-300-design.jpg

After all, the others are just Dodges and Plymouths........................... :D

Back