For Sale '72 Chrysler Town and Country 10000 mile car to be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the lettering on this beautiful wagon. For those who would like to see the gold leaf gone very unlikely it can be done with damage to the vinyl.

I have applied gold leaf it is meant to last for 50+ years. You apply a gold leaf sizing which essentially is varnish. I can't see any way to remove it without damage to the vinyl woodgrain. It is possible that this is gold leaf applied to vinyl lettering, but it sure looks flat which is the old school application.

To answer the lettering on this beautiful wagon. For those who would like to see the gold leaf gone very unlikely it can be done with damage to the vinyl.

I have applied gold leaf it is meant to last for 50+ years. You apply a gold leaf sizing which essentially is varnish. I can't see any way to remove it without damage to the vinyl woodgrain. It is possible that this is gold leaf applied to vinyl lettering, but it sure looks flat which is the old school application.
Probably would have to replace the entire woodgrain if that's the case...:BangHead:

Not a good proposition.

I've never seen a vinyl top on a Wagon. Neat car.
Vinyl top was a one year only option in 72. My 72 had it, Sadly sold it last Sept and bought 94 Roadmaster wagon that gets up to 25 MPG versus 7Mpg on 72, I'm retiring and want to be able to afford to pull the camper all over the country!!

DSCN1811 (2).JPG

DSCN1539 (3).JPG

DSCN1814 (2).JPG

Vinyl top was a one year only option in 72. My 72 had it, Sadly sold it last Sept and bought 94 Roadmaster wagon that gets up to 25 MPG versus 7Mpg on 72, I'm retiring and want to be able to afford to pull the camper all over the country!!

View attachment 178981

View attachment 178982

View attachment 178983
I’m sorry but I’d be really upset with myself if I had to get rid of that gorgeous Chrysler wagon and all I had to show for it was a ‘94 Buick that looked like that. :poke:

It' s gotta go regardless

The more I think about it if it could come off it would be off. I see new woodgrain in it's future, because the new owner will think they can take it off and then royally screw it up.

Yet so many people use them, because they look good. Since it only takes a few bolts to swap them out, it's not permanent or damaging they can stay

yes, many people use them.
But these are Ford wheels.
No 15" Magnums on a Mopar
I respect what Ma mopar wanted. An what not

The "heirloom" status thing adds value to the immediate family and friends. The guy's reputation adds a little value on a regional basis, maybe 50 mile radius, and really only those "in the know" about his chemical company. I guess he was a presence at shows? Haven't a clue, never heard of him and I've been into Mopars for 35 years, but then again I lived in North Jersey for most of that time. Now if it said "Mr. Norm" on the side, totally different story. It's a nice unique wagon, a little pricey based on the above, which will keep the flippers away, but I doubt the new owners will keep the ugly wheels and tires or the gold leaf, I know I wouldn't.

Last edited:
If I paid that much for the car, I want it to be MY car, not some guy nobody ever heard of.
Lettering has to go.

I can appreciate this car for what it is but just not falling in love with it. Seems gaudy to me.

Remove the gold letters and add Road Wheels, are you still feeling the same way?

Would be an improvement for sure. I still have an issue with the red. I should be glad it's not green, gold or brown but I'm not for some reason.

I like the red because of the scarcity of it. It is unusual.
I've never had a red car for a reason. This one I love

Would be an improvement for sure. I still have an issue with the red. I should be glad it's not green, gold or brown but I'm not for some reason.

Try to find a blue one ....................NOT!!!

What do you think, 1 or 2 fender tags on this one?

I'd be damned if I would ride around with New Jersey on the side. New Jersey will probably bill you every year for having the name on there and not a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back