WANTED Looking for a windshield for a 72 Chrysler Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabianc18

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all, I hope you are doing well. I follow this forum for quite a while now and learned a lot during the Restauration of my 70 satellite. Recently I added a 72 Chrysler town and country to m little collection but unfortunately the windshield has some cracks.
Does anyone have a used windshield for sale? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Fabian

IMG_9509.jpeg

Could do a search on here for latest discussions on windshield availability. Also give these guys a call, Vintage Glass
Great looking wagon. Is that the one from Texas that sold recently?

Thanks a lot. I sent them an email.
Yes, that’s the one. Guy moved from Texas to Maryland, that’s where I bought it. Car needs lots of TLC but it’s solid and drives. Same owner from 72 till 2023 when the guy from TX bought it.

@Fabianc18 -- congrats on acquiring CP46M2C271527 !

If memory serves, the windshield is the same for sedans and wagons (but not on hardtops or convertibles). As @Boydsdodge pointed out, there are several threads on the topic, and this one in particular talks about repops.

@polara71 @azblackhemi

Thanks for your reply. So far I have a quote from Murray park ($375 + shipping for a used OEM) and Vintage Glass ($325 + shipping for a repop). That’s a good start

Thanks for your reply. So far I have a quote from Murray park ($375 + shipping for a used OEM) and Vintage Glass ($325 + shipping for a repop). That’s a good start
Watch out for delamination in old Chrysler windshields.
I would get pictures from Murray Park before buying anything. Look for cloudiness around the edges of the windshield.

Saw that too. But that’s even further the Murray Park. I think I go with metro auto parts. $363 plus 190 shipping for a new one.

it’s not a better deal, that’s true, but the guy that referred Metro bought one there for his 73 imperial and it was a perfect fit and he was very happy with the service.

Do you have an independent glass store in your area with an owner that was at least alive when that car was built? If so, they can look up the NAGS number for that windshield and probably get it from their own supply chain and at the very least save you some $$$ on the freight. Most of these chain store counter people now stop listening as soon as you say 1972 and go directly into how may we not help you today mode.

Kevin

Hello all, I hope you are doing well. I follow this forum for quite a while now and learned a lot during the Restauration of my 70 satellite. Recently I added a 72 Chrysler town and country to m little collection but unfortunately the windshield has some cracks.
Does anyone have a used windshield for sale? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Fabian

View attachment 640260
I used metro auto parts for my 1969 300 convertible a few years back - perfect fit and NEW Classic Auto Glass - Windshield Glass, Back Glass, Door Glass, Vent Window Glass and Quarter Window Glass - Chrysler Imperial, Crown, Lebaron, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 - Catalog Product List Page

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. I’m waiting for the response from my local glass guy (he does classic cars) and then will decide. I very happy that the windshield is definitely available and for a very reasonable price. New or used.
Many thanks to everyone! you rock!

I bought my Imperial windshield from Auto city classic inc. Great price and very well packaged shipping. Classic Chrysler Glass
No listing the web site for your windshield, but give a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back